Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Suits in Athlone

Options
  • 21-01-2014 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi, Does anyone know if McGorisk for Men in Athlone is still opened? I'm enquiring on behalf of a friend who is living abroad and trying to arrange his wedding suits. He had already been in touch with McGorisks and was keen to do business with them. But he hasn't been able to contact them by phone or email.

I tried today by phone but the number seems to be out of service - I can always drive up (from galway) to find out but maybe someone on here can tell me if they are still in business?

Many Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Probably best suited to the Westmeath thread but McGorisks for men in Athlone closed down a while ago actually. Hope your friend hasn't paid a deposit! Try Liam McCormacks or Waldrons if the suits need to be got in Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

OP, I've moved this from Fashion and Appearance to Westmeath as it requires more local knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭islander222

Thanks - luckily no deposit was paid, but he had been a groomsman for another wedding last year (while he was home from Oz) and had picked out some suits for his own wedding while back home so he thought he had the hard bit done. He was just trying to organise ordering and paying for them now...
    Seems we'll have to go to plan B and look somewhere else asap :-)

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

A real pity if they are closed. The wedding suits they had were very new and had little if no wear. Couldnt fault them on price either. Unfortunetly the rest of the stock was generally overpriced. Another businnes down the tubes on the main street :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

Op they have moved up the road. They are near enough to bank of Ireland, central.

Brother was meant to get the wedding suites but he closed at the time to move.

Number one place our family goes for suites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

Conor is now operating out of a business called Brummell & Co. beside the Bank of Ireland on Church Street.
    Check out this link to the womens section http://www.weddingsonline.ie/suppliers/brummel-co
    They are also on Facebook.

Advertisement