Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Order delay, cancellation, payment taken without providing any service

Options
  • 21-01-2014 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

I will try keep this to summary points so you can understand it all.

I was interested in getting the UPC & Eircom Verizon package and on Monday 23/09/2013 I ordered online Full package, fiber broadband, phone, all tv channels I got confirmation from UPC in an email [font=Arial","sans-serif]Your order number is 105058450 expect our call in 3-5 days.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]A number of weeks passed by without any information so I decided to contact UPC they advised nothing on their system for the order as network not switched on in my area I couldn’t get it, Okay I will ask Eircom if they have any news.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]I tried to call Eircom many times I went to their website sent them a query on 15/11/2013 asking them is there any update, what’s going on with the order, will they switch on the local cabinet in my area? [/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]I did not have an order number so I basically gave up after the third time they replied asking me for my Eircom Account number, (I kept advising I am trying to get an order number from you guys) I decided to cancel and didn’t want this hassle with them so I went to Sky and Digiweb to provide the service.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]On the 19/12/2013 I had to email Eircom back as I noticed on my bank account online that Eircom had taken a payment EIRCOM DD €91.05.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]I called UPC as it was their website that I ordered on, they said they took no payment and to contact Eircom.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]I contacted Eircom to say I am in no way going ahead with the service it was a total lack of information, nothing was advised and I have received no equipment, no engineer visit nothing but they still took a payment for €91.05 (Im not even sure that’s legal as they took a payment without me having any account number, internet or phone)?[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]I sent a mail on 27/12/2013 to advise the customer care agent I don’t want to be a customer I want the money returned and to escalate it to their manager.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]On the 01/01/2014 I sent the screenshot of my online bank account as requested by another care agent to prove a payment was taken.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]On the 02/01/2014 I contacted my bank who asked me for a contact person and fax number so they could send the payment confirmation to Eircom head office.[/font]
    [font=Arial","sans-serif](Eircom agent had advised that I should contact my bank so they can send this information) I asked Eircom for a contact and fax number, Eircom advised they cant give me a contact or a fax number and I should send the document to the head office.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]I asked my bank to send the payment confirmation via post taken by Eircom to “no contact” at Credit management department,[/font]
    [font=Arial","sans-serif][font=Arial","sans-serif] Eircom HQ 1 Heuston South Quarter, St Johns Road, Dublin 8.[/font][/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]On 03/01/2014 I advised customer care my bank has sent this letter that he has requested and to confirm back once received.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]On 07/01/2014 I asked if there is any update, Have you received the letter that you asked me to send you?[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]On 08/01/2014 I asked for any update – same customer care person asked me what fax number did I send the letter to and to what contact person? I advised the agent that he didn’t give me a fax number or contact and this is becoming rather frustrating, please escalate to someone who can solve it.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]On the 9th, 13th and 16thwhat'sth without anyone picking up, message says stay on the line im waiting on the line for 20 -30 mins at a time on a mobile phone.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]I have asked 'canwehelp@eircom.ie' and 'ccm@eircom.ie' multiple times to escalate to a manager and to help I am trying to find a person who can actually take this matter up as I have been going around in circles with your normal care team[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]Your customer care team will have email communication from myself in relation to all this.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]As of now I still don’t have any official reason or reply from Eircom in fact not one manager or customer care supervisor has bothered to even call or check what the issue maybe.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]I was excited originally about the Eircom and UPC package it looked good but this farce has changed my opinion for life, your non-existent care and capabilities to handle queries outside the normal is having a very poor reflection upon you and UPC.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I will try keep this to summary points so you can understand it all.

I was interested in getting the UPC & Eircom Verizon package and on Monday 23/09/2013 I ordered online Full package, fiber broadband, phone, all tv channels I got confirmation from UPC in an email Your order number is 105058450 expect our call in 3-5 days.

A number of weeks passed by without any information so I decided to contact UPC they advised nothing on their system for the order as network not switched on in my area I couldn’t get it, Okay I will ask Eircom if they have any news.

I tried to call Eircom many times I went to their website sent them a query on 15/11/2013 asking them is there any update, what’s going on with the order, will they switch on the local cabinet in my area?

I did not have an order number so I basically gave up after the third time they replied asking me for my Eircom Account number, (I kept advising I am trying to get an order number from you guys) I decided to cancel and didn’t want this hassle with them so I went to Sky and Digiweb to provide the service.

On the 19/12/2013 I had to email Eircom back as I noticed on my bank account online that Eircom had taken a payment EIRCOM DD €91.05.

I called UPC as it was their website that I ordered on, they said they took no payment and to contact Eircom.

I contacted Eircom to say I am in no way going ahead with the service it was a total lack of information, nothing was advised and I have received no equipment, no engineer visit nothing but they still took a payment for €91.05 (Im not even sure that’s legal as they took a payment without me having any account number, internet or phone)?

I sent a mail on 27/12/2013 to advise the customer care agent I don’t want to be a customer I want the money returned and to escalate it to their manager.

On the 01/01/2014 I sent the screenshot of my online bank account as requested by another care agent to prove a payment was taken.

On the 02/01/2014 I contacted my bank who asked me for a contact person and fax number so they could send the payment confirmation to Eircom head office.
    (Eircom agent had advised that I should contact my bank so they can send this information) I asked Eircom for a contact and fax number, Eircom advised they cant give me a contact or a fax number and I should send the document to the head office.

I asked my bank to send the payment confirmation via post taken by Eircom to “no contact” at Credit management department,
    Eircom HQ 1 Heuston South Quarter, St Johns Road, Dublin 8.

On 03/01/2014 I advised customer care my bank has sent this letter that he has requested and to confirm back once received.

On 07/01/2014 I asked if there is any update, Have you received the letter that you asked me to send you?

On 08/01/2014 I asked for any update – same customer care person asked me what fax number did I send the letter to and to what contact person? I advised the agent that he didn’t give me a fax number or contact and this is becoming rather frustrating, please escalate to someone who can solve it.

On the 9th, 13th and 16thwhat'sth without anyone picking up, message says stay on the line im waiting on the line for 20 -30 mins at a time on a mobile phone.

I have asked 'canwehelp@eircom.ie' and 'ccm@eircom.ie' multiple times to escalate to a manager and to help I am trying to find a person who can actually take this matter up as I have been going around in circles with your normal care team

Your customer care team will have email communication from myself in relation to all this.

As of now I still don’t have any official reason or reply from Eircom in fact not one manager or customer care supervisor has bothered to even call or check what the issue maybe.

I was excited originally about the Eircom and UPC package it looked good but this farce has changed my opinion for life, your non-existent care and capabilities to handle queries outside the normal is having a very poor reflection upon you and UPC.
    Hi Malarkey121

I'm very sorry to hear of this. I can confirm that there is no existing package that combines eircom and UPC and eircom orders cannot be placed through UPC or vice versa so this does seem quite odd.

Can you please PM me the address of where the service is/should be and any account information located on any possible bill you may have received. Please also include a mobile contact for you in the PM and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Malarkey121

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your reply, I have sent you a PM with the detail that I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your reply, I have sent you a PM with the detail that I have.
    Thanks for taking my call Malarkey121

Please PM me when you have contacted the bank and I'll look into this further.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Malarkey121

Thanks for your follow up calls Alan and I have sent you some new details in PM
    It seems I have again been debited for the 2nd time as of this morning for an amount of €71.42 my bank has confirmed this is 100% Eircom taking the money out and I have requested they request the return asap.

The €90.05 is still not resolved.

Can you check the details out in my PM with transaction reference and this time a contact name on the transaction.

Advertisement