Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle Lane = Parking Space

Options
  • 21-01-2014 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭

Following on from the Castlebar litter thread and the amount of dog litter I come across on my run got me thinking about another problem I encounter.
    The amount of cars that park on cycle lanes is pretty bad. The two worst spots has to be on the Pontoon Rd near Lyons Shop and the Newport Road.

What can the average joe do about this? Do you contact the Gardai, a local councillor or the County Council? Its dangerous for cyclists and pedestrians who have to go around the car by using the road. I have seen people with prams and buggies who have to leave the path and then use whats left of the cycle lane and part of the road to keep going on their journey.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

statto25 wrote: »
    Following on from the Castlebar litter thread and the amount of dog litter I come across on my run got me thinking about another problem I encounter.
    The amount of cars that park on cycle lanes is pretty bad. The two worst spots has to be on the Pontoon Rd near Lyons Shop and the Newport Road.

What can the average joe do about this? Do you contact the Gardai, a local councillor or the County Council? Its dangerous for cyclists and pedestrians who have to go around the car by using the road. I have seen people with prams and buggies who have to leave the path and then use whats left of the cycle lane and part of the road to keep going on their journey.

Take the number of the car, or a photo if you have a camera phone, then contact the Gardai & the traffic warden with the evidance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Take the number of the car, or a photo if you have a camera phone, then contact the Gardai & the traffic warden with the evidance.

its against the law to park on a cycle track with a continuous white line. A cycle track with a broken white line is where parking is allowed for 30mins while loading or unloading.

i wish cyclists would learn the rules on the road too. The idiot cycling the wrong way down Main st had a lucky escape as i just seen him out of the corner of my eye before i pulled out.

Advertisement