Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European Tour/PGA Tour Golf Doubles Thread

• 21-01-2014 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi Everyone,

Im new to Boards but would like to get a discussion going about E/W doubles each week on the European Tour and PGA Tour.

I punted a lot on this last year as it has the potential for huge payouts from a small stake, as Golf offers quite generous odds even if you place your looking at some tidy profit.

I was very close with a Luiten/Stallings double last year, €10 EW...

Luiten won, Stallings was leading until the 15th and ended up 2nd to Harris English because he bottled it and went into the water...

Got over €600 profit from it but if they both won it would have been around €7k...

Qatar Masters and Farmers Insurance this week....

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 LuckyPeng

Also just to add, the book closes for the Qatar Masters tomorrow because of the time difference...

There seems to be a lot of good value in the QM as Garcia and Stenson are playing, but they are way to short to back imo at 9.0. Id be looking from at least 26.0 and higher...Farmers Insurance is the same, Woods and Mickleson in there really short...

On early review I like the look of Wattel 71.0, Carlsson 81.0 and also Grillo 126.0 in QM.

Farmers Insurance I think Jordan Speith is great value at 31.0 with Leonard in there at a good price after his nice run at the weekend at 91.0.

On first review I'd probably go with a Speith/Carlsson double @ €5 E/W which returns €12555.00 ftw and €892.50 for a top 5 finish in both.

With both golfers up and coming playing really well its a nice punt imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

LuckyPeng wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Im new to Boards but would like to get a discussion going about E/W doubles each week on the European Tour and PGA Tour.

I punted a lot on this last year as it has the potential for huge payouts from a small stake, as Golf offers quite generous odds even if you place your looking at some tidy profit.

I was very close with a Luiten/Stallings double last year, €10 EW...

Luiten won, Stallings was leading until the 15th and ended up 2nd to Harris English because he bottled it and went into the water...

Got over €600 profit from it but if they both won it would have been around €7k...

Qatar Masters and Farmers Insurance this week....

Thoughts?

If you are going to continue with this then a betfair account is an absolute must IMO, take the example you mentioned with Stallings, he would have traded somewhere around evs, you could have locked in €3.5k profit at that stage.

GL with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

I pulled off the double once, about 10 years ago.
    Cristie kerr to win a lpga event,think she won on the 6th playoff hole.
    Then Stewart cink @harbour town links,think he won on the 5th playoff hole.

I already had Kerr winner as that comp finished on the Saturday,then while watching the Cink playoff the feckin tv went off,some buzz collecting it the next day.
    bet was 5e/w prices were 22/1 and 16 or 18/1,netted approx. 2k but it came at a time when I hadn't a bean.
    best of luck

Yeah at the time I actually had a Betfair account but I was too greedy to do it as he had like a 4 shot lead...Hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing...thanks for the well wishes lads. What do you think about this weekends action then?

• Advertisement

e/w double Bello and Walker

Yeah Bello is really well fancied this week, I actually backed him for first round leader, hope to wake up to a tidy balance tomorrow morning lol Down the 18th and GBS both tipped him too...interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

i must admit i do like an e/w double accross both tours or even better again throw in asian or ladies tour for a trixie.

they can become expensive though luckly last year i had 3 that clicked 1 was only the e/w part thougj

i think cab bello is a shocking price this week to be honest

no doubles for me this week but if i did id go haas/snedeker into hanson/coetzea(terrible attempt at spelling)

Yeah I agree on both points, if a Trixie is there I like to have a punt too, just €1.25 E/W usually, cos im also backing what im doing in multiples as E/W singles too...Golf is mostly punting for me tho as I pick up more profit on Football and Nags...****ing Stallings tho...lol

• Advertisement

I must admit tho its great on a Sunday evening watching the Golf, especially if ur in there with a shout, Ill never forget when I watched Scotty (Adam) win the Masters last year as a friend and I lumped on him pre tourney, we were actually out in a bar in Dublin at the time and the whole pub was watching, such a good atmos...we then proceeded to get very tipsy...

redzerdrog wrote: »

no doubles for me this week but if i did id go haas/snedeker into hanson/coetzea(terrible attempt at spelling)

"Coetzee" looking solid so far bud :D

not looking at his first round it's not,in great current form,very good course form so why did you think price was shocking?
    One thing I will say about him he usually flatters to deceive when fancied for an event, however,i think he's an improving player with (imo) one of the best putting strokes on tour
    all that said he probs won't win but I expect a run for my cash

not looking at his first round it's not,in great current form,very good course form so why did you think price was shocking?
    One thing I will say about him he usually flatters to deceive when fancied for an event, however,i think he's an improving player with (imo) one of the best putting strokes on tour
    all that said he probs won't win but I expect a run for my cash

he was 28s i think when i seen him which i wouldnt consider great value for him considering larrazabal who actually won last was available at 100.0 at the same time but tbh neither where on my shortlist just skimmed over the prices at the time.

edit: just saw the comment about putting and tbh his putting is the main reason i rarely back him

unfortunetly i was of the same opinion that coetzee was too short at 28-30s and was hoping he would drift before the start but unfortunetly didnt happen

he was 28s i think when i seen him which i wouldnt consider great value for him considering larrazabal who actually won last was available at 100.0 at the same time but tbh neither where on my shortlist just skimmed over the prices at the time.

edit: just saw the comment about putting and tbh his putting is the main reason i rarely back him

unfortunetly i was of the same opinion that coetzee was too short at 28-30s and was hoping he would drift before the start but unfortunetly didnt happen

he was 33/1 with powers right up to the start,paying 6 places I thought it was ok price.
    Re his putting he can struggle under pressure at times but sometimes the putting stats especially on the euro tour as they're not as in dept as the pga tour can be misleading.
    I look at the player putting and in CB I see a really good putting stroke,his problem imo is between the ears when in contention.

I backed him for first round leader at 46.0 e/w, as it was it ended up being a dead heat of 4 so I got less than I bargained for. Still have him and Johan Carlsson ftw tho and Speith in Farmers. Went with the double of Carlsson/Speith and Bello/Speith too, hopefully it will be some sort of sweat.

7 under round for Carlsson today, puts him right in the thick of it, got it on at 81.0 too, watched this kid alot last year, looks like a good prospect.

LuckyPeng wrote: »
    I backed him for first round leader at 46.0 e/w, as it was it ended up being a dead heat of 4 so I got less than I bargained for. Still have him and Johan Carlsson ftw tho and Speith in Farmers. Went with the double of Carlsson/Speith and Bello/Speith too, hopefully it will be some sort of sweat.

nice sweat going man!

nice sweat going man!

Yeah man i got in tonight from playing poker at my local and saw Speith and Cab are leading with Carlsson 2 shots behind...nice place to be in :D

Well that was an Interesting weekend! Bit tilted actually...not because Speith didnt place but more to do with the fact that Stallings won...I backed the little fecker last week at a monstrous price, sigh... So what do we think this week? We have The Waste Management Phoenix Open and The Omega Dubai Desert Classic!

• Advertisement

I think this weekend im going with Peter Hanson 41.0 in Dubai and Matt Every 36.0 in Phoenix. Looks quite difficult this week tbh, especially in Phoenix so I wont be investing too much time into it. Im off to Las Vegas now until the 9th of Feb so happy punting!!!

Advertisement