Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit union question

Options
  • 21-01-2014 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

how does a credit union work out arrears? is it the particular month u haven't paid the interest from that?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Play Bunny wrote: »
    how does a credit union work out arrears? is it the particular month u haven't paid the interest from that?.

Its how far behind you are on payments, plus there may be some penalty interest on this balance. For instance if you are due to pay €100 per month and you dont for 6 months you would be €600 in arrears, this €600 would also be on the balance and would be accruing interest (and possibly penalty interest) so could be higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

Ah righty, well my repayments are €160 pm I've never defaulted on the Loan & I'm always on time , but this month I need the money for something else so was thinking of giving it a miss, I'm not in arrears at the mo...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Ah righty, well my repayments are €160 pm I've never defaulted on the Loan & I'm always on time , but this month I need the money for something else so was thinking of giving it a miss, I'm not in arrears at the mo...

You should contact to CU to discuss and see if you can sort something out. Just missing the payment could affect your credit rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

chris85 wrote: »
    You should contact to CU to discuss and see if you can sort something out. Just missing the payment could affect your credit rating.
    Yes, do contact them.

CUs are usually fairly flexible, provided that your general record is good. That is because they exist for the benefit of their members, not to make as much profit as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

Thanks guys ....I've made other arrangements so I will pay it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 PollyHog

how does a credit union work out arrears?...

Clear and accurate explanation available here

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=177878

HTH

Advertisement