Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday with a toddler

Options
  • 21-01-2014 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi all, Im hoping some of you could tell me of suitable accommodation for a toddler holiday. Ideally we would love to be part of a hotel -self catering or suite- but most suites don't have separate living area. We'd like the facilities of a hotel but if you can recommend anywhere we would be delighted. We've never really holidayed in the west before. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shaca

zsha wrote: »
    Hi all, Im hoping some of you could tell me of suitable accommodation for a toddler holiday. Ideally we would love to be part of a hotel -self catering or suite- but most suites don't have separate living area. We'd like the facilities of a hotel but if you can recommend anywhere we would be delighted. We've never really holidayed in the west before. Thanks in advance

http://www.theoceansandshotel.ie/luxury-hotel-suites.asp

Right on the beach, have stayed in the hotel itself but believe the apartments are nice too.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

shaca wrote: »
    http://www.theoceansandshotel.ie/luxury-hotel-suites.asp

Right on the beach, have stayed in the hotel itself but believe the apartments are nice too.:)

Good suggestion. Was at a wedding there during the summer and a lot of wedding families with young kids came from abroad and stayed the week in the apartments. Beach, amusements, surfing, crazy golf, playground, etc. lots to keep kids of all ages entertained.
    I'm sure places in Westport are suitable too but don't know them.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zsha

That's great will check those out for def....Might put my msg in general west area also as well as just the mayo section...thanks for that really appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Mulranny park hotel has apartments and is near the beach. Possibly quieter than Enniscrone!

Thanks for that, will check out mulranny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Broadhaven hotel in Belmullet is nice, will do ajoining rooms at reasonable rate, big pool, near a nice play centre-Gate Way which has lovely restaurant, fab beaches and walk s out there, also a nice kiddie park. When are you looking to travel? im off to Westport soon with 3 small ones, booked castle court.

Thanks for that, we hoping to travel end of june into july for a few days prob 5 days. The ocean sands as mentioned above looks great. Thanks a mill, def would be interested in how you get on in westport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Poll Dubh

If you're going to Enniscrone Waterpoint has a nice splash pool for small kids and you've also got Tumble Jungle in Ballina for a rainy day. I'd advise getting a small wetsuit so that your toddler can get the most value out of the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

zsha wrote: »
    Thanks for that, we hoping to travel end of june into july for a few days prob 5 days. The ocean sands as mentioned above looks great. Thanks a mill, def would be interested in how you get on in westport

We were in Westport last weekend, stayed in Castlecourt with 3 kids ages 6,5, and 3. Hotel nice with good pool, big family room and nice breakfast. Plenty to do if weather is nice, we cycled a bit of the green way despite the weather. Westport house would be good in the summer too. Also Castlebar has Funster , a big play place and its only 10 miles away. I saw on Booking .Com apartments in Westport with a pool, have a look.

Some one mentioned Ocean Sands that is a good location , lovely beach, nice sand park, Waterpoint and I think that hotel has a play room for Kids, also there is a few nice places to eat in Enniscrone. When I was booking Castle court I could nt get a room for 5 on line so I rang and they were very helpful so if you cant get what your looking for ring them. Good luck.

Advertisement