Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterville and Westend Village Apartments

Options
  • 21-01-2014 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Was looking for some advise on moving to one of these places, anyone any experience with these apartments?
    They secure and well managed? Better still can you hear the neighbors?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Waterville isn't a single development, it's like a village of clusters. Apartment type, management agents and companies, owner occupied ratios etc vary hugely from cluster to cluster.

I live in one of the clusters accessed from the Snugborough Road rather than the old hospital road, and it's a great area. Far enough away from the road that noise isn't an issue. I know on the other thread someone pointed out the proximity across the road of a place with not a great reputation but to be honest there's been very little trouble in the ten years I've lived there. There was a short phase where a few cars were stolen but that was eight years ago and ended when the culprit was caught, quite quickly, by the Gardai.

It really does depend totally on the cluster, I wouldn't choose to live in any of the ones that face onto the road. You would need to visit and get a feel for each cluster, also check out the management companies, some are in better financial positions than others. Accounts available for a small fee from the CRO

I have neighbours below me and on two sides. Very very rarely do I hear anything from any side, but we are lucky to be in a Lydon built cluster. Some of the clusters built by other builders have paper thin wall issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I'd agree with athtrasna - I live in Waterville. Same thing - apartment above and neighbours either side. Again in the ones accessed off the Snugborough Road. No noise at all, and I've been here ten years (one party three doors up in ten years...). services are good. When I was buying I looked at westend but the town centre traffic would drive me nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Top advice above. A colleague lives in Aran court. Lovely place, well managed . The MC take no shït from any tenants. No cars on blocks, no satellite dishes, no untidiness really, just gives a really good impression. Whereas the cluster on the way in on the opposite side looks like a scene from the movie "Contact", there are that many satellite dishes erected. Do your homework.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I've lived in Waterville (Erris) for just over 6 years now and I've no complaints either. The estate is very well maintained and I have little to no problems with my neighbours. I barely hear them at all up/down or either side.

Are you looking to buy or rent? As mentioned above do your homework on the MCs first as they make all the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I got a letter in the door from a property company looking for places to sell where I live (which is a Lydon house)...for nothing more than nosiness I rang to see what it was worth and the first statement was 'if it's skelligs we're not interested...'. I walk past it twice a day and I wouldn't live there - whereas where I am (garnish square) is grand. When I was doing the snag here, my structural engineer friend was looking to find things wrong - and couldn't!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I agree. Skelligs isn't Lydon built and the build quality is poor. Add to that the satellite dishes, the ugly double yellow lines painted all over the cobblelock and the proximity to the road...you couldn't pay me to live there

Advertisement