Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSD bitch - one year female - What pet insurer?

• 21-01-2014 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

She has no pre-existing conditions.....

Anxious to get this sorted as I have been putting it off.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

I would recommend Allianz. I have had no problems with them and indeed my vet said they find Allianz the best to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I would shop around. I don't use Allianz but one of the other insurers that shall remain unmentionable as they don't put up premiums when you have a claim. One of our dogs a crossbreed has had numerous large claims & it costs just €150 per year to insure him.

My vets have never had an issue being paid from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

angeline wrote: »
    I would recommend Allianz. I have had no problems with them and indeed my vet said they find Allianz the best to deal with.

I have Allianz as well. When my fella got injured during the summer, the vet was delighted to hear we used them as he said they never have any issues with them. All we paid to the vet was the excess and that was that. he said with other insurers they make the person pay and let them go after the insurance company. Got a few letters from Allianz in the next few weeks confirming x amount had been pauid for x treatment.

So I would recommend them entirely. Cover is only €16 a month as well so its quite affordable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

We've been with Allianz for years, at our vets recommendation. We've never had any problems and it's very straightforward. We added our latest 2 arrivals to the existing policy just before Christmas too. The sooner you get insurance the better, as even something very minor happening once would probably be excluded from cover for the dog for life by any of the insurers.

All they asked for was for our vet to fax them the pets medical history and from the minute we had phoned them to add the cats to the existing policy they had emergency cover in case of accidents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Another thumbs up here for Allianz.

Hands down they are the easiest insurers to deal with. Very professional staff on the phone and you can reason with them. From personal experience with other pet insurers, it's worth going with Allianz for that peace of mind, even if it means paying that wee bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I'm with Allianz too after hearing overwhelmingly positive reports from the accounts people in work who have to deal with them on a daily basis and anyone with a pet who has had to claim from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

I'm with 123.ie, as are my parents on my reccomendation. I looked at the different insurers and it was between them and Allianz. As a student, I couldn't really stretch to Allianz's premiums and was worried about premium hikes that I had heard of from other people.
    So far, so good with 123.ie. I've had to make one claim with them and I had my cheque within a month. My parents have also had to claim and have had no problems so far.

Advertisement