Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for contacts.

• 21-01-2014 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I am looking for contacts to set up a solid team of remote(mostly) developers.
    I'l explain my history as briefly as possible.
    Most of my game experience is from MMORPG's and first person shooters when it comes to 3D. started online gaming back in 2001.
    Back in the day I would have played consoles like the nintendo and megadrive and owned a C64.
    Last year I did a 9 month full time course for game development and project management. After graduating I joined a start up group in an incubation space that are making a 3D roleplaying action game.
    I worked with them as a technical game designer(The link between management and tech and problem solving difficult issues), basically setting out frameworks for development workflows and overall pipelines for different areas. I also did some programming, 3D work, Unity environment building, texturing, teaching strategies for texture template creation and modular building of large structures and areas.

So.. For whatever reasons, I am on my last week after giving them a months notice.
    I want to be a part of an indie group that are on the same page, motivated and open to pivoting on current strategies in any area if logic dictates they should.
    I don't make any moves generally until I have planned what the end goal is and how I will get there.
    But for now I am looking to make contact with people who are able to work remotely and enthusiastic about the work.
    In my case I work much more productively at strange hours. I work long hours and I am online a lot.
    To save money on office space I need people with free time and willingness and ability to work on their own time and meet rough/flexible deadlines.

For now I am not focussed on a game type,platform or even if it's 2D or 3D.
    The team first needs to be solid. We can then plan the decision making process and then make decisions as an organised team.
    My intention is to meet new contacts, pick out the ones who seem suitable and do a trial run project to sync the group up.
    I need people who are online out of habit and comfortable using skype, facebook and text chat in general. Nerds like me basically :D

What I need for now is:
    Lead Programmer for Unity + C#.
    Preferably with a good knowledge of using lists,arrays,setting up events between scripts, manager scripts etc. I have personally coded a sidescrolling endless running shooter in Unity, so have enough experience to know what I need, but not the skills to do all the programming quick enough and efficiently.

Artist
    Regarding 3D someone able to do concept art detailed enough to be able to create models from them. If you can draw and use photoshop I can teach the workflows for "expressing" needs the development team would look for.
    But considering the first game or maybe first few may be 2D, I need an artist able to do some spritework and with abilities to learn sprite animation.If you can do 3D animation then I can also teach workflows for converting this to 2D spites and therefore spritesheets.

I am pretty sure I have audio covered with contacts from college.
    Also may have the business and story end fairly well covered aswell.

My role I see as general management and project planning, also helping out in all areas where needed to meet deadlines.
    I will say my main flaw and set back is in the area of public speaking.
    But I am thiking working online and using crowdfunding this is not an immediate issue to start and would alsoconsider making contact with somebody who has some development skills and would like to be the face of the group to allow the rest to focuss on development without worrying about the PR aspect.

As I said at the start, I don't plan to make any big moves towards development until the plan is set and the group is ready to run with a test project, hopefully taking this test from the start right through to publishing, covering all aspects of the process so we are all confident on the first game.

So.. if anyone is interested please send me a private message and we can chat.
    Thanks for reading :)

Edit*
    I'l try add an image to give a sample of some 3D stuff. I starting a modular throne room last night.theres the first modular piece with a 2048x2048 texture map for the whole room hopefully.
    screen_Throne_Room_pillar10m.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Hit me up, although i am kinda chugging away on my own little project solo at the moment you can add me to skype and get in touch if you want to try and lure me in your black un marked van of mid night game development.
    john_j_gunning@hotmail.com ( i dont use this mail anymore if anyone sends me a mail of their willies or some thing)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Thanks, I'l email you my skype contact :)

I will need a black van for this A-team so might as well Nab the members oldschool style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Thought I should update the picture. The last one wasn't a very good example of quality. Mainly process.
    Heres a scene I made in Unity, messing around with a 5 piece modular set.

screen_Hallway2.png

Advertisement