Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I pay my bill by direct debit but have lost my % reduction, why

Options
  • 21-01-2014 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Noel,

If you send us a private message confirming you are the account-holder and your address/telephone number, we can check into this for you. It may be that your price-plan has expired, but we can check your account just to be sure.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I was trying to change my price plan online but at the end it asked me for my bank details - BIC and IBAN.

I already have a direct debit set up for Electric Ireland. Any explanation for asking for bank details again please?

I did not proceed with changing my plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Delta2113,

Thanks for your post.
    Delta2113 wrote:
    I already have a direct debit set up for Electric Ireland. Any explanation for asking for bank details again please?

In the case of customers already on direct debit, this is just to confirm the details you wish to use (in case they have changed in the meantime). 

If you would prefer just to email us instead, or private message us here on Boards.ie, you are more than welcome to do so. Just bear in mind that in the latter case, we don't process direct debit details for reasons of account security. You can however confirm your details with us by sending us, for instance, the last four digits of your bank account number, which would enable us to set up the new price plan for you.

Alternatively, you could try the switching app again.

If there's anything else we can help with please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement