Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Itunes on Chromebook

Options
  • 21-01-2014 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I understand you cannot use itunes on chromebook but I was wondering is there a work around as I am considering buying a chromebook. For example is it possible to connect an external hardrive to the chromebook download itunes to the hardrive and work off itunes through the external harddrive ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

No, iTunes is Windows or Mac only so it won't ever and never will work on a Chromebook - it's not what they're designed for I'm afraid.

This is not to say you can't access your current iTunes library on your Chromebook, that's easily managed with iTunes on a Windows PC + Google Music Manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

advertsfox wrote: »
    No, iTunes is Windows or Mac only so it won't ever and never will work on a Chromebook - it's not what they're designed for I'm afraid.

This is not to say you can't access your current iTunes library on your Chromebook, that's easily managed with iTunes on a Windows PC + Google Music Manager.

Thanks for that but I wouldnt be able to choose what to put on my ipod etc from my chromebook ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

hegarty147 wrote: »
    Thanks for that but I wouldnt be able to choose what to put on my ipod etc from my chromebook ?
    Nope, you could remotely access another PC or server that has Windows + iTunes from your Chrome book but iTunes will never work on a Chromebook. Its a media / web consumption device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

hegarty147 wrote: »

You obviously may not understand what a Chromebook is, it uses Google online services only, you do not install software or store data on it, it needs internet access at all times to be usable

Advertisement