Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 5 Simlock removal - recommendations

• 21-01-2014 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

hi folks,
    I'm in the middle of my 24 months contract with 3 but wanted to pass my iphone 5 to missus but she's on Meteor at the moment. Have any of the "board'ers" use these web unlocking services? Are they trust-worthy and reliable?

Thnx
    R.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

You're probably better off asking Three and see if they can help first. I'm sure there won't be any problems.

You could tell them you'll be travelling and need it unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Not a hope of three unlocking until the contract is finished or paid in full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Better to have her jump ship to three, if possible, less hassle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

With the iPhone 5 on iOS 7 or greater can you unlock it using a software method by jailbreaking as was possible with some older iPhones and older versions of iOS or must the unlock now come from either Apple or the mobile phone company, (Vodafone, Three etc.)??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Software unlock hasn't worked since the iPhone 4 was released.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 David762000

http://phoneunlock.ie/imei/6/147/Ireland-Meteor-iPhone-5-16GB/ this one is working for sure but its very expensive.

Advertisement