Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband ordered 19th December STILL not active. Horrific service.

Options
  • 21-01-2014 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭

Hi, I order eircom hpone and broadband package on december 19th. At the time I was advised that a new line would be required but everything would be completed by 7th jan. 

Phone line was installed on 4th jan. I rang on the 4th and was asked to call back on the 6th which I duly did. The line information was active and the eircom customer care rep advised that they would order broadband. I called again on 10th and was advised that broadband hadn't been ordered. The rep at that stage put the order in. called again the following day...surprise surprise no order. Called again on tuesday 14th and guess what? The order was only paced that day, line was checked and everything was ok. Router arrived today and my order status was completed. 

I set up the router but the dsl is not on. I called tech support and was advised that an engineer will have to call out and that it's going to take ANOTHER 5 working days. It is an absolute joke of a service. 38 days after ordering the service and I still have no broadband.

Amazingly the bill for a months service arrived on sunday despite no service available.

Can you please check my line again and escalate any engineer? I cant understand how it worked last week but not today 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Gavlor wrote: »
    Hi, I order eircom hpone and broadband package on december 19th. At the time I was advised that a new line would be required but everything would be completed by 7th jan. 

Phone line was installed on 4th jan. I rang on the 4th and was asked to call back on the 6th which I duly did. The line information was active and the eircom customer care rep advised that they would order broadband. I called again on 10th and was advised that broadband hadn't been ordered. The rep at that stage put the order in. called again the following day...surprise surprise no order. Called again on tuesday 14th and guess what? The order was only paced that day, line was checked and everything was ok. Router arrived today and my order status was completed. 

I set up the router but the dsl is not on. I called tech support and was advised that an engineer will have to call out and that it's going to take ANOTHER 5 working days. It is an absolute joke of a service. 38 days after ordering the service and I still have no broadband.

Amazingly the bill for a months service arrived on sunday despite no service available.

Can you please check my line again and escalate any engineer? I cant understand how it worked last week but not today 
    Hi Gavlor

Thanks for taking my call,

I had requested priority on this yesterday and I have been assured this morning that if you attach a modem to your line you should not have fully operational broadband, I'm very sorry for the delays.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Hi Gavlor

I had requested priority on this yesterday and I have been assured this morning that if you attach a modem to your line you should not have fully operational broadband, I'm very sorry for the delays.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan,

Thanks for your prompt reply. 

however the fault has still not been fixed and we still have no broadband access. 

i rang tech support this afternoon and they have advised that they are still waiting on an engineer to look at it.

Can you check it out when you get a chance?

Cheers

Hi Gavlor

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan,

Thanks for your prompt reply. 

however the fault has still not been fixed and we still have no broadband access. 

i rang tech support this afternoon and they have advised that they are still waiting on an engineer to look at it.

Can you check it out when you get a chance?

Cheers
    Hi Gavlor

Really sorry to hear this, I will chase this up and get back to you as soon as I have further clarification.

Thanks

Al

Hi Alan,

Is there any update on this one? Tech support said it should take 2 days.

Hi Alan,

Is there any update on this one? Tech support said it should take 2 days.

Quick update. I rang tech support today. Believe it or not an engineer was on site from 9.55 this morning. So I rang back this afternoon to see what the outcome was. Different person, different story.

She re-logged my line fault and has put the 6 week delay down to the weather!

Every time I call I get a different story. It's actually getting funny at this stage

• Advertisement

Can someone from eircom please come back to me with an update??

Alan has my account details and contact number.

What's the point of this forum if you are just going to ignore posts

Can you please confirm when the engineer will be out. My 4th fault has now been registered and there is still no connection.

Can you please confirm when the engineer will be out. My 4th fault has now been registered and there is still no connection.
    Hi Gavlor

I've just looked in to this and I can see that there are larger issues in play here, I see a crew is working on this today but thats as much as I can see right now, I'll request more info from operations and let you know as soon as I have a response.

Thanks

Al

Success!!

An eircom technician called to the house last week to check out the problem. Turns out that the contractors that originally installed the line didnt actually install the line! There was a break underground into my house and they didnt bother fixing it, just installed the box and that was.

Can you arrange refund of first months line rental due to the fact that I didn't actually have a line to rent.

Thanks

Success!!

An eircom technician called to the house last week to check out the problem. Turns out that the contractors that originally installed the line didnt actually install the line! There was a break underground into my house and they didnt bother fixing it, just installed the box and that was.

Can you arrange refund of first months line rental due to the fact that I didn't actually have a line to rent.

Thanks
    Hi Gavlor

I will look further in to this and get back to you later today.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement