Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone Hen- Help

Options
  • 21-01-2014 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Im organising my sisters Hen party for the end of Feb.
    Staying in the Archhouse apartments. Going to do a cocktail class on the Sat either in Prince of Wales or Raddisson Blu (anyone recommend which one is best)
    Anyone know any salon that would come to our apartments for beauty treatments?
    What Nightclub is best? Is Club Viva opened?
    Is the Seude cafe opned still?
    Where should we go for a nice group dinner?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

I've no idea about the classes themselves, but I'd imagine the Prince would be have more life to it than the Raddisson on a weekend. Both are central to the town, with the Prince being right in the middle, the Raddisson being about a 5 min walk from the centre.

Seude is no longer open.

Group dinners, there are a lot of restaurants in Athlone, it depends on what type of food you want, how many you need to seat etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Awww we just booked the Raddisson because they were that bit cheaper.
    Well there be about 15-20 of us in a group and we want to all sit together. Was looking at hatters lane photo but seems a bit small for a group?
    Which one is better Karma or club viva and the piano bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

Hatters will make ye a big long table, no problem there.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭glen25

Hatters wouldn't be my first choice for a hen night dinner. It's quite small and to have a bit of craic might be a bit awkward at a long table in the middle of the restaurant. Il Colosseau is across the road from the radisson and has a great area slightly away from the general punters. Great food and staff. I brought the office here for Xmas night out (15 of us) and we had a great night. Def one to consider.

Does Il Colosseau do just italian food?
    And what Nightclub best on A sat, Im provionally booked in with the two, the piano bar and club viva and then the prince bar and Karma. Most of the girls are late 20s/30.
    Club Viva is all free and Karma we pay in with the wristband system.

• Advertisement

Il colesseau have a very mixed menu. They'll do the normal steaks and chicken along with pasta, pizza and some great speciality dished (try pollo del arena if u go!). You could go to piano bar and just stay there. Great crowd and music and exactly your age profile. Can get crowded though. Stay away from viva. Young crowd or else nobody there at all. If you're nightclubbing go to karma. Don't bother with Prince bar. Never much going on but you will have lots of space so depends what you want. My advice would be to get to piano bar around 10 or 10.30 and get some seats. Have fun!

Could you stay in the Piano bar til late?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭chefwes

LovexxLife wrote: »
    Hi,
    Im organising my sisters Hen party for the end of Feb.
    Staying in the Archhouse apartments. Going to do a cocktail class on the Sat either in Prince of Wales or Raddisson Blu (anyone recommend which one is best)
    Anyone know any salon that would come to our apartments for beauty treatments?
    What Nightclub is best? Is Club Viva opened?
    Is the Seude cafe opned still?
    Where should we go for a nice group dinner?

Hi piano bar is definatly the spot great atmosphere and a nice aged crowd . Club viva draws a mixed crowd but it's a great club to go to, from previous nights out karma is a bit of a kip to be honest but if your in the piano bar you will get a stamp and them your free to move between the bar and the club

LovexxLife wrote: »
    Could you stay in the Piano bar til late?

Yes, same times as the clubs. Much better spot than the niteclubs. Viva has a very young crowd any time I've been there and if the piano bar is too packed they won't let you go back in..

Thanks!
    Does anyone know the wristband system for Prince into Karma? The guy was talking to me about it but I forgot to write it down

Im thinking of booking a reserved area for both clubs, so people on the night can decide where to go themselves. Does anyone know if they take your credit card details for booking a reserved area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

Top Deck Bistro is perfect for 15-20 hens. Its a good atmosphere in there, bring your own wine, but they do charge corkage.

Regarding the Piano/Viva versus Prince/Karma debate, If you go to the Piano bar then you can go down to Viva and back up to the Piano bar all you like without going outside!! Piano and Viva are both open until the same time. Piano bar doesn't get going til about 10.30 but you can reserve a space. Piano bar is a lot livelier than the Prince bar, usually have a band playing, can be a bit hit and miss though

I think you have to leave the Prince, go outside and queue for Karma. Not sure how late the Prince bar is open for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 christina2014

Hi i am just wondering how u got on for ur sisters hens? What pub and nightclub did u go to? Was it good?

I am presently organising a hens for the end of november. We are stayin in the arch bridge apartments and there will hopefully be around 18-20 of us. Group wil be 25-30's.

Just wonderimg do people recommend the piano bar or the prince bar? Nightclub wise is the karma nightclub or club viva better.

Also where would people recommend for food? Somewhere cheap amd cheerful,
    Thanks a million

Hi i am just wondering how u got on for ur sisters hens? What pub and nightclub did u go to? Was it good?

I am presently organising a hens for the end of november. We are stayin in the arch bridge apartments and there will hopefully be around 18-20 of us. Group wil be 25-30's.

Just wonderimg do people recommend the piano bar or the prince bar? Nightclub wise is the karma nightclub or club viva better.

Also where would people recommend for food? Somewhere cheap amd cheerful,
    Thanks a million

We stayed in the archouse apartmentsituated were good! Nice and modern,clean! Staff were helpful give us a big bottle of sparkling wine. We got the breakfast included in the b&b part. Friday night got Chinese from really popular Chinese there was nice. Some went out the Friday and some stayed in. Saturday more ppl. Arrived we did cocktail making in the radiosonde for €15 pp. Was good told we could take 2 cocktails pp but some had 4/5. Then we went to the tyme restaurant think it was €30pp really good food!!! Then we went to the piano bar stayed there for the night. Has free champagne and own area. There was another hen party there that night was in full gear unlike us!

Advertisement