Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult repeat leaving cert classes.

Options
  • 21-01-2014 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I am looking for adult repeat leaving cert classes, preferably in Westmeath.
    I have two local schools with a repeat class that I can join from Sept, but I'm 23 so I was hoping for an adults class.
    The subjects I am repeating are biology, physics, chemistry, ag science, geography, and accounting. I am aiming for 560+ so I would much rather be in a class than do it at home.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Exo

Have you considered attending a private college in Dublin; if you're around the Mullingar area then it's just an hour out to a reputable place that I know of. They offer grinds classes in the evenings, and a full-on day school.

If you're 23, then why don't you apply as a mature student without repeating the LC..?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Moved to Mature and Non-traditional Students, OP, as you may find more people here with relevant experience / information than in the LC forum where most posters are 17-18. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Exo

Moved to Mature and Non-traditional Students, OP, as you may find more people here with relevant experience / information than in the LC forum where most posters are 17-18. :)

.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Actually, they're all (young) adults as far as I'm concerned Exo ... I simply said that most are 17-18 and there are likely to be more people here with similar experiences. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Talk to Majella or Caroline in the Westmeath Adult Guidance service. They can give you info on local LC classes, Tel: 044 9342111

Alternatively you can use the Course Finder on http://www.qualifax.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 khaki

I'm applying for vet med so can't get in on the basis of being a mature student unfortunately.
    Paperclip2 I've spoken to Caroline and she recommended the adult leaving cert classes in Mullingar community college but when I phoned them up yesterday I was told they don't do that anymore.
    Exo, not sure if I could afford to go privately, but if you could recommend one that I could look into that would be great.

Advertisement