Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results

Options
  • 21-01-2014 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Results are gonna be out soon!!

Dreading it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Indeed they will be. I found out earlier today that part of my assessment is missing (or potentially missing :rolleyes:) but these things happen. All of my stuff was final projects last semester so I've no idea how I'm going to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

What time do you think 12:01?

Was around that last year I think. Was about 10 another year though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

pity its not 9am. good luck to all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

So they should be out before 2pm anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 SRFCAndyC

danthefan wrote: »
    So they should be out before 2pm anyway?
    will be well before then should be in the early hours of the morning

SRFCAndyC wrote: »
    will be well before then should be in the early hours of the morning

Ok thanks. Would like to be put out of my misery as soon as possible!

The time usually varies. One year they came out at 3am - one of my friends actually sat up waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Kiltennel

I have absolutely no background in IT so if I'm wrong someone please feel free to correct me but surely launching the results at 12.01 can't be that tough if all the results are entered into the system in the preceding 2-3 weeks? They always seem to go live at such random times, is that to avoid people crashing the system due to unusually high traffic?

Maldesu wrote: »
    The time usually varies. One year they came out at 3am - one of my friends actually sat up waiting.

5pm another year also

• Advertisement

Gonna give it to midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

The tension mounts... :P

just got my results

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gradlife

Yep mine are up too :)

What time can I purchase alcohol?

gradlife wrote: »

What time can I purchase alcohol?

haha, i take it you are pleased :)

I am pleased!

10.30 am apparently :(

gradlife wrote: »
    I am pleased!

10.30 am apparently :(

haha, youve a long wait. Im pleased with mine also, except for one module.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

I'm final year arts and my GPA is now 3.37, what is the minimum grades I need to get a 2:1 this semester?

I'm final year arts and my GPA is now 3.37, what is the minimum grades I need to get a 2:1 this semester?

Maths
    http://www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/student_info/modulargradesexplained.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ruburd

Do rechecks generally go up a grade ? Anyone know where I can check the stats on that ?
    I think a few grades were undervalued but don't want to risk losing €75 on each if they're generally not upgraded.

• Advertisement

3.08 I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

danthefan wrote: »
    3.08 I believe.
    That's overall though is it not? Given the poster has a bit above that, they can afford to go a bit under this semester.
    Depends on whether your modules are 6/6 or 7/5. Don't quote me on it because maths isn't my strongest point, but assuming a 6/6 split (and assuming 3.08 is the lowest you can get for a 2:1 - I think it is, and the above poster said it too, but I'm not 100% sure), I think you could get 0.29 under 3.08 (I'm getting 0.29 because that's how high you are above the limit this semester), which is...2.79. Maybe someone else can verify that though.

Hope everyone is happy! :)

Canard wrote: »
    That's overall though is it not? Given the poster has a bit above that, they can afford to go a bit under this semester.

Ahh yes you're right sorry.

Anyway did fine overall but a bit worse in one module than I thought I'd done. Might see if I can view the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I'm happy, especially as some of the exams didn't go well. Todays results puts me very comfortably in the 2:1 bracket for the first year of my masters. My undergrad was a 2:2.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

3.08 is minimum for a 2:1 for 1 semester.
    x 2 semesters = 6.16.
    Minus what you already have (- 3.37) = 2.79

You need to get at least 2.79 this semester, and you'll have your 2:1.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Happy days for me.
    Got a 4.05 GPA for the final semester of my MSc, giving me a first overall (3.85). Now out to the big bad world.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'm now in the awkward position where I need very very good results in my final semester to get a 1:1 and outrageously bad results to get a 2:2.

To motivate or not?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Canard wrote: »
    Depends on whether your modules are 6/6 or 7/5. Don't quote me on it because maths isn't my strongest point, but assuming a 6/6 split (and assuming 3.08 is the lowest you can get for a 2:1 - I think it is, and the above poster said it too, but I'm not 100% sure), I think you could get 0.29 under 3.08 (I'm getting 0.29 because that's how high you are above the limit this semester), which is...2.79. Maybe someone else can verify that though.
    3.08 is minimum for a 2:1 for 1 semester.
    x 2 semesters = 6.16.
    Minus what you already have (- 3.37) = 2.79

You need to get at least 2.79 this semester, and you'll have your 2:1.

Actually, I believe you're both wrong - Arts is 50/50 2nd/3rd year. So that 3.37 is over 18 modules (3 semesters worth), not one. So it's actually

3.08 * 4 = 12.32 - (3*3.37) = 2.21 GPA needed for this semester to get a 2.1

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Andy279

First year Arts student here.
    Overall, I did quite well except for the Intro. to Arts :(.
    Quick question: What is the minimum GPA that one should achieve if he aims for the Ad Astra scholarship ? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Andy279 wrote: »
    First year Arts student here.
    Overall, I did quite well except for the Intro. to Arts :(.
    Quick question: What is the minimum GPA that one should achieve if he aims for the Ad Astra scholarship ? :D

3.68.... But you'd want 5 or 6 A+s

Advertisement