Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

2 bs one b- and 2 IX .... Now if I had only put proper effort in ! This semester, things will be different...... I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wcedar

A couple of Bs, an A... and then a D and the narrowest E imaginable. I'm *drum roll* 0.3 percentage points into compensation territory. Phew.

Of course with a grade as tenuous as 30.3% there's probably a risk the final results could drop me out of compensation since the tiniest change to the exam grade is bad news. Since I'm an 2nd year Arts student (hence the poor grade? ;) ) am I going to have to wait until the end of the third year until I know if I've compensated this?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Raphael wrote: »
    Actually, I believe you're both wrong - Arts is 50/50 2nd/3rd year. So that 3.37 is over 18 modules (3 semesters worth), not one. So it's actually

3.08 * 4 = 12.32 - (3*3.37) = 2.21 GPA needed for this semester to get a 2.1
    My bad. Posted before reading it was for degree calculation and not just the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Hi, I currently have a Stage 2 gpa of 2.91..

What kind of grades am I looking at to get a 2.2/ is it possible?

I'm currently sitting on 4 E's which I hope to be able to compensate at the end of the degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

haro124 wrote: »
    3.68.... But you'd want 5 or 6 A+s
    3.68 is the official cut-off, but I'd assume you'd have to be well above that to get the scholarship? Does anyone know what grade has received it in the past?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Yeah, it's around 3.8 or something as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Durz0 Blint

4.0 GPA for my first exams to count towards my GPA Wooo :)

Now to celebrate by returning to the library to study :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

I got a 4.07 GPA, 3 A+'s, 2 A's and 1 A-. Would I be considered for that scholarship?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

anyone know when resits are held? I got 5 A's and one E :(

gline wrote: »

As far as I know they're usually held during the summer exams.

• Advertisement

wcedar wrote: »
    As far as I know they're usually held during the summer exams.

Phew.... at least I get time to study.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

gline wrote: »

Don't see what the problem is. You certainly got pass-by-compensa
    Oh.

Don't see what the problem is. You certainly got pass-by-compensa
    Oh.
    First year module, so I cant compensate.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 lostsoul21

Hey guys , so i got 4As and 2 Es. Just wondering do I have to drop the repeats in order to compensate or do I have to do anything .

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

3.08 is minimum for a 2:1 for 1 semester.
    x 2 semesters = 6.16.
    Minus what you already have (- 3.37) = 2.79

You need to get at least 2.79 this semester, and you'll have your 2:1.

Thanks for the maths, is it possible for me to get a 1.1 this semester?

EDIT: I mean overall not this semester, I havent been putting in a lot of work thus far so I reckon I could pull it off if it were possible

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Does anyone know, if someone gets an E grade in a level 1 module and the module page says that it is possible to pass that module by compensation what the story is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Muir wrote: »
    Does anyone know, if someone gets an E grade in a level 1 module and the module page says that it is possible to pass that module by compensation what the story is?

Had thought that all Level 1's could no longer be passed by compensation. Same with Level 0, 4 and 5. Could be the page is not updated yet but you'd probably have to enquire from them to find out. What does your credit statement/results page show you about compensation?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Maldesu wrote: »
    Had thought that all Level 1's could no longer be passed by compensation. Same with Level 0, 4 and 5. Could be the page is not updated yet but you'd probably have to enquire from them to find out. What does your credit statement/results page show you about compensation?

It's for my partner, I'm finished in UCD and confused about the changes! Yeah I read about the Level 1s, but then http://www.ucd.ie/students/resits_repeats/ said to check the module itself, but maybe that's for someone sitting a level 1 who started prior to 2013. The compensation column is empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Best idea would be to give the student desk a shout and see what they say. I think there had been a rule saying that if you were repeating the level 1, that compensation was available, but not for any new students. Check it with them though

Quick question if anyone knows - I (narrowly) got an E in one of my level 2 modules, so I'm eligible for compensation. Thing is apparently if you're resitting an exam you have to register by tomorrow. Since there are just the provisional results, if I was unlucky and got brought down in the final results and was no longer able to compensate would I still be able to register for a repeat? Hopefully this doesn't happen since I haven't had any change in final results vs. provisional so far, but it's still a risk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement