Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom are a shower of useless ....

Options
  • 21-01-2014 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

First I tried to cancel my landline and broadband - of course eircom deny ever having got the email even though I got an automatic reply.
    That worked out ok in the end as I decided to move my phone.
    Set this up with an agent - the day for the engineer to call came and went and I ring back the home move team and surprise surprise can't find the order .
    Elizabeth in the home move team places an order and tells me engineer will call today - so surprise again no engineer today. I have spent the last 1hr and 45 minutes and been passed from dept to dept and surprise they can't see the order !
    Is there an eircom rep who can help me at this stage without telling me to call 1901 it doesn't work :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cork82

Did you get signed up by a residential agent?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Cookiesrock12

Cork82 wrote: »
    Did you get signed up by a residential agent?

Hi Cork82
    I moved my phone with the 'home move ' team. The 2nd lady last week gave me my new number and said the engineer would turn the line on for me yesterday ( the house we moved to had a line it so it just needs to be activated again she said ) but yesterday when I rang again regarding the engineer , they have no record of any of my calls, the new number doesn't show them any info on the system. I asked to speak to Elizabeth (the girl that processed it for me the 2nd team ) I was told no one knew her they were on the evening shift no one knows the day shift staff ! On and on this went for the guts of two hours. Do you know if I could just get sky or another company to turn it on or does if have to be eircom? My contract was out with eircom at any rate before I moved to this new house .
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cork82

It has to be eircom turn it on as they own the grid. You could go to UPC as they have their own grid. If you look at the grill plates in the footpath by your house, they will say eircom or CAT- these are UPC . I used work for eircom and left over the way they work and treat people. They will always deny anything the customer says and put the oweness on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

First I tried to cancel my landline and broadband - of course eircom deny ever having got the email even though I got an automatic reply.
    That worked out ok in the end as I decided to move my phone.
    Set this up with an agent - the day for the engineer to call came and went and I ring back the home move team and surprise surprise can't find the order .
    Elizabeth in the home move team places an order and tells me engineer will call today - so surprise again no engineer today. I have spent the last 1hr and 45 minutes and been passed from dept to dept and surprise they can't see the order !
    Is there an eircom rep who can help me at this stage without telling me to call 1901 it doesn't work :(
    Hi Cookiesrock12

Sorry to hear this, If you would like to PM me your account and contact details I'll look in to this for you.

Thanks

Al

Hi Cookiesrock12

Sorry to hear this, If you would like to PM me your account and contact details I'll look in to this for you.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al
    Pm sent
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Cookiesrock12

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al
    Pm sent
    Thanks
    Thanks for taking my call earlier Cookiesrock12

I am still awaiting news on this and will let you know as soon as I ahve something.

Thanks

Al

I am still awaiting news on this and will let you know as soon as I ahve something.

Thanks

Al

Hi Al
    Many thanks for getting involved to sort this out , looking forward to hearing from you ,

Thanks

Al

Hi Al
    Many thanks for getting involved to sort this out , looking forward to hearing from you ,
    No worries Cookiesrock12

As soon as I have more infor I'll let you know right away

Thank you

Al

No worries Cookiesrock12

As soon as I have more infor I'll let you know right away

Thank you

Al
    Hello Al
    Any news on this ?

Hello Al
    Any news on this ?

Hi Al
    Any news ?
    I've rang the customer services again and now they said the phone number I'm giving them is a locked confidential record !! I just want a phone !!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 davmark

[font=Tahoma", "sans-serif]D[/font][font=Tahoma", "sans-serif]ear Eircom,[/font]

[font=Tahoma", "sans-serif]Apologies if this is not the correct method to send this customer review but I note from your websites etc that you do not publish an e-mail contact address for you, instead encouraging people to use Forums, Twitter, Phone agents etc. Based on my experience  with Eircom, this approach does not surprise me.[/font]

[font=Tahoma", "sans-serif]I recently decided to change my TV package, broadband provider and decided to go with your E-Fibre, E-Vision packages. (Compliments on the extensive, effective promotional campaigns you are running to attract a new market by the way)[/font]

[font=Tahoma", "sans-serif]I visited a store in the Shopping Centre and after receiving all the information required I signed up on the package below. The salesperson advised that the next step was to arrange a visit for installation and asked me would Friday 25th January suit in the morning. I told him this would be fine and he stated that they would call between 09.00 - 13.00 and a colleague commented that E-Vision installation could only be undertaken in the mornings.[/font]

[font=Tahoma", "sans-serif]The following day I received a confirmation e-mail (See below) and during the week, received the relevant documentation welcoming me to Eircom, confirming my details etc.[/font]

[font=Tahoma", "sans-serif]That morning (Friday 25th ), I waited in my house from 09.00 onwards to accommodate the installation of my purchase. As the time arrived closer to 1 O clock and there was no sign of any visitor, I decided to contact you (1800580500) to see what was happening. My call was answered by a nice lady and I started the conversation by advising I was awaiting a technician to call. Her response was immediate and she outlined that Eircom outsource this and she would have no way of finding out where the technician would be but that they could often be delayed on jobs and to wait and contact Eircom if they still have not shown. I enquired as to why I would need to contact Eircom and would it not be reasonable that Eircom contact me if there is any delay in my appointment. Again she replied that this work is outsourced by Eircom and a private firm handles all such work, including appointments. I reminded the lady that my contract is with Eircom and Eircom alone and whether they get Bob the builder of any other firm to carry out work for them is a matter for them not me. I was asked had i received a text message yesterday regarding the appointment and I replied no. The lady said that I should have received a text and to contact Eircom if they fail to arrive. At no point did she take any details from me i.e. Order number, account number etc.[/font]

[font=Tahoma", "sans-serif]As the time elapsed past one o clock I again contacted Eircom and explained my query. Your customer service agent was very helpful, took all my details and looked up my account. I was quite surprised when he advised me that there was no appointment in the system for me. I explained to him what had happened when I purchased the Eircom system in the shop. He informed me that I should  have been advised that my appointment was not a confirmation but just a suggested time when they may be able to call out subject to the technician being able to accommodate my area on the day. The sales clerk should also have advised that I would receive a confirmation e-mail or text about the appointment. He apologised for the mistakes of the sales clerk. However, if you note form the e-mail you sent me on Sunday you have a section which advises me to contact Eircom if I cannot make my appointment. You do not mention anything about provisional appointments, confirmation texts or e-mails. If you had of done, I would have double checked during the week about my appointment.[/font]

[font=Tahoma", "sans-serif]Needless to say, I have had to take a morning out of work, costing me approx €200, and sat for 4 hours waiting on a visit that would never happen. I also promised my kids that I would have TV in their rooms from Friday onwards.[/font]

[font=Tahoma", "sans-serif]Following on from this morning, I have immediately cancelled my order which totaled about €90 a month. If this is my first experience with Eircom, then alarm bells are already ringing and I don't want to be tied into an 18 month contract with such an organisation.[/font]

[font=Tahoma", "sans-serif] [/font]

[font=Tahoma", "sans-serif]And new despite cancelling my order and account, I have received two further text messaged from Eircom telling me that due to upgrade work I may experience some disruption. Very hard to experience disruption when I am not with Eircom!!! Best of all is that I get a text message yesterday (28th January) telling me the Engineer will be out between 09.00 – 12.00 today to fit the system. Never meet such an amateur organization!![/font]

[font=Tahoma", "sans-serif]I hope you take on board some of the areas highlighted in my e-mail. I hope others won’t have the same difficulties. And please note that a contract with Eircom means you deal with Eircom so try not to pass off obligations with outside agencies[/font]

[font=Tahoma", "sans-serif]Many thanks[/font]

Hello Al
    Any news on this ?

Hi Al
    Any news ?
    I've rang the customer services again and now they said the phone number I'm giving them is a locked confidential record !! I just want a phone !!!!!

I guess Al has fallen off the face of the planet. Any Eircom rep out there at this stage? Any update on this?
    Eircom debited €154 from my account last week for a cessation charge! I am trying to move my line FFS . It is impossible to get anyone in Eircom to have a half reasonable conversation , everyone of them is the same, sorry I dont deal with that, ill have to transfer you to the home move team, the accounts dept, the technical dept, the sales dept, the customer services dept. I have talked to every single dept at this stage, each of them more useless than the one before  , its an absolute joke .

I rang on Friday and the woman in 'customer services' actually told me there was no record of me having ever called about the new line order , while the rep I spoke to on the Wednesday could tell me she could see that the engineer hadnt shown up to not 1, not 2 but 3 scheduled visits. Can one of the reps from this site please PM me for my number and call me abuot getting this resolved or is this part all just for show too? You're on the site to be seen as trying to resolve issues but in reality its the same as 1901, a complete and utter farce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

davmark wrote: »
    Dear Eircom,

Apologies if this is not the correct method to send this customer review but I note from your websites etc that you do not publish an e-mail contact address for you, instead encouraging people to use Forums, Twitter, Phone agents etc. Based on my experience  with Eircom, this approach does not surprise me.

I recently decided to change my TV package, broadband provider and decided to go with your E-Fibre, E-Vision packages. (Compliments on the extensive, effective promotional campaigns you are running to attract a new market by the way)

I visited a store in the Shopping Centre and after receiving all the information required I signed up on the package below. The salesperson advised that the next step was to arrange a visit for installation and asked me would Friday 25th January suit in the morning. I told him this would be fine and he stated that they would call between 09.00 - 13.00 and a colleague commented that E-Vision installation could only be undertaken in the mornings.

The following day I received a confirmation e-mail (See below) and during the week, received the relevant documentation welcoming me to Eircom, confirming my details etc.

That morning (Friday 25th ), I waited in my house from 09.00 onwards to accommodate the installation of my purchase. As the time arrived closer to 1 O clock and there was no sign of any visitor, I decided to contact you (1800580500) to see what was happening. My call was answered by a nice lady and I started the conversation by advising I was awaiting a technician to call. Her response was immediate and she outlined that Eircom outsource this and she would have no way of finding out where the technician would be but that they could often be delayed on jobs and to wait and contact Eircom if they still have not shown. I enquired as to why I would need to contact Eircom and would it not be reasonable that Eircom contact me if there is any delay in my appointment. Again she replied that this work is outsourced by Eircom and a private firm handles all such work, including appointments. I reminded the lady that my contract is with Eircom and Eircom alone and whether they get Bob the builder of any other firm to carry out work for them is a matter for them not me. I was asked had i received a text message yesterday regarding the appointment and I replied no. The lady said that I should have received a text and to contact Eircom if they fail to arrive. At no point did she take any details from me i.e. Order number, account number etc.

As the time elapsed past one o clock I again contacted Eircom and explained my query. Your customer service agent was very helpful, took all my details and looked up my account. I was quite surprised when he advised me that there was no appointment in the system for me. I explained to him what had happened when I purchased the Eircom system in the shop. He informed me that I should  have been advised that my appointment was not a confirmation but just a suggested time when they may be able to call out subject to the technician being able to accommodate my area on the day. The sales clerk should also have advised that I would receive a confirmation e-mail or text about the appointment. He apologised for the mistakes of the sales clerk. However, if you note form the e-mail you sent me on Sunday you have a section which advises me to contact Eircom if I cannot make my appointment. You do not mention anything about provisional appointments, confirmation texts or e-mails. If you had of done, I would have double checked during the week about my appointment.

Needless to say, I have had to take a morning out of work, costing me approx €200, and sat for 4 hours waiting on a visit that would never happen. I also promised my kids that I would have TV in their rooms from Friday onwards.

Following on from this morning, I have immediately cancelled my order which totaled about €90 a month. If this is my first experience with Eircom, then alarm bells are already ringing and I don't want to be tied into an 18 month contract with such an organisation.

And new despite cancelling my order and account, I have received two further text messaged from Eircom telling me that due to upgrade work I may experience some disruption. Very hard to experience disruption when I am not with Eircom!!! Best of all is that I get a text message yesterday (28th January) telling me the Engineer will be out between 09.00 – 12.00 today to fit the system. Never meet such an amateur organization!!

I hope you take on board some of the areas highlighted in my e-mail. I hope others won’t have the same difficulties. And please note that a contract with Eircom means you deal with Eircom so try not to pass off obligations with outside agencies

Many thanks
    Hi davmark
    thanks for your post and our apologies that this was not handled better. I can certainly understand the frustration in taking a day out to arrange this and not be contacted. We should indeed be able to advise on eircom orders and I have passed this on to the relevant section. I understand that it may be too late to offer our help here.. but if you do PM me with your order or a/c number I can have this fully investigated and update. Though you could not find an email address I can assure you that your feedback will be passed on at a senior level.
    Again our apologies for the inconvenience to you and family that this service was not supplied when advised.
    Tony

Hello Al
    Any news on this ?

Hi Al
    Any news ?

I guess Al has fallen off the face of the planet. Any Eircom rep out there at this stage? Any update on this?
    Eircom debited €154 from my account last week for a cessation charge! I am trying to move my line FFS . It is impossible to get anyone in Eircom to have a half reasonable conversation , everyone of them is the same, sorry I dont deal with that, ill have to transfer you to the home move team, the accounts dept, the technical dept, the sales dept, the customer services dept. I have talked to every single dept at this stage, each of them more useless than the one before  , its an absolute joke .

I rang on Friday and the woman in 'customer services' actually told me there was no record of me having ever called about the new line order , while the rep I spoke to on the Wednesday could tell me she could see that the engineer hadnt shown up to not 1, not 2 but 3 scheduled visits. Can one of the reps from this site please PM me for my number and call me abuot getting this resolved or is this part all just for show too? You're on the site to be seen as trying to resolve issues but in reality its the same as 1901, a complete and utter farce.
    Hi Cookiesrock12

Please accept my apologies for this delay, I had been assured you would receive a call on this, I have tried just now to contact you on your mobile number but if you would prefer a call at a better/specific time today please let me know.

Thanks

Al

Hello Al
    Any news on this ?

Hi Al
    Any news ?

Hi Cookiesrock12

Please accept my apologies for this delay, I had been assured you would receive a call on this, I have tried just now to contact you on your mobile number but if you would prefer a call at a better/specific time today please let me know.

Thanks

Al

thanks for the contact

I PM'd u just there

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

Signed up for a land line in early December. Was given an Installation date the 8th of January. technician would be out on the 11th. Technician rings me on the 11th @ 4:30 asking where I lived, no that's not the address I have you live to far away will ring you with new date again. 5 Mins later a second tec. rings me asks where I live no not address I have for you (different address than the first guy had) too far out for us today but will fix your address on system and ring you back with new appointment. No phone call ring eircom on the 15th to ask what's happening we have your line installation as complete on system. No it's not even started, will have to send out an engineer to confirm what's done. Excuse me but I live her and don't have a land line. Okay what's your address? Tell them , don't have your address on our system, but you confirmed an installation date, sorry don't have an address for you. My neighbour has a phone so I give them his name and they find my address. Okay we have you down here as priority and a Tech will be out to you. Rings me yesterday can't find my house so give him the address that eircom now have, can't find that on our Sat Nav sorry, don't start me on the address give them my actual address okay that's coming up. Gets to my house @ 3:30 for an all day appointment, can't do any work as we don't have a hoist. Ring to day give them my phone number issued to me gy Eircom number showing as been dis-connect. So now I have been dis-connected before I've been connected. 45 mins on phone today can't get anyone of any sort of competence in this company. Life is too short.

crusher000 wrote: »
    Signed up for a land line in early December. Was given an Installation date the 8th of January. technician would be out on the 11th. Technician rings me on the 11th @ 4:30 asking where I lived, no that's not the address I have you live to far away will ring you with new date again. 5 Mins later a second tec. rings me asks where I live no not address I have for you (different address than the first guy had) too far out for us today but will fix your address on system and ring you back with new appointment. No phone call ring eircom on the 15th to ask what's happening we have your line installation as complete on system. No it's not even started, will have to send out an engineer to confirm what's done. Excuse me but I live her and don't have a land line. Okay what's your address? Tell them , don't have your address on our system, but you confirmed an installation date, sorry don't have an address for you. My neighbour has a phone so I give them his name and they find my address. Okay we have you down here as priority and a Tech will be out to you. Rings me yesterday can't find my house so give him the address that eircom now have, can't find that on our Sat Nav sorry, don't start me on the address give them my actual address okay that's coming up. Gets to my house @ 3:30 for an all day appointment, can't do any work as we don't have a hoist. Ring to day give them my phone number issued to me gy Eircom number showing as been dis-connect. So now I have been dis-connected before I've been connected. 45 mins on phone today can't get anyone of any sort of competence in this company. Life is too short.
    Hi crusher000

I'm really sorry to hear of all this, I can certainly understand this would be quite frustrating.

If you would like to PM me your account details I'll look in to this further for you.

Thanks

Al

Hi crusher000

I'm really sorry to hear of all this, I can certainly understand this would be quite frustrating.

If you would like to PM me your account details I'll look in to this further for you.

Thanks

Al
     New appointment for this Friday I await with great anxiety.

Hi crusher000

Thanks

Al
    Thanks crusher000

Apologies for the inconvenience so far

Al

Hi crusher000

Thanks

Al
    Thanks crusher000

Al

So again no show this Friday and rang Friday afternoon to see what's going on ? We'll be out Saturday first thing your down as a priority number 1. Again no Eircom. All in all absolutely dis graceful way to run a company I had my sister in law wait at the house Thursday as the contractor rang me directly to say they'd be out on Thursday, no show. Then had my father in law wait at my house Friday to let Eircom workers in again no show. This is what happens when a company has a monopoly on a service and time now that competiton was allowed in and the last part of Eircom sold off. Account Number 82155864 Order number 5889638P

• Advertisement

Hi crusher000

Thanks

Al
    Thanks crusher000

Al

So again no show this Friday and rang Friday afternoon to see what's going on ? We'll be out Saturday first thing your down as a priority number 1. Again no Eircom. All in all absolutely dis graceful way to run a company I had my sister in law wait at the house Thursday as the contractor rang me directly to say they'd be out on Thursday, no show. Then had my father in law wait at my house Friday to let Eircom workers in again no show. This is what happens when a company has a monopoly on a service and time now that competiton was allowed in and the last part of Eircom sold off. Account Number 82155864 Order number 5889638P

Hi crusher000

I can understand the disappointment and inconvenience this can create - apologies for this.

I can see this order has been prioritised however at present I cannot see any further notes or progress. I will request an update on this and get back to you as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

Al

Hello Al
    Any news on this ?

Hi Al
    Any news ?

Hi Cookiesrock12

Thanks

Al

Ok so we are now on the 4th of March and I am still waiting on a home move.
    2 months! I waited about 6 hours for sky to move my dish - thats how you do customer service.
    This is an absolute joke . I have had more phone calls, emails , visits from engineers, a brand new shiny box and still no broadband or phone, in a house where there was a connecton previously.

alan - I would really appreciate a call ASAP

Hi cookiesrock12,

I have also received a bill for a land line I don't have in. Eircom have now taken over from Ryan Air in regards to customer service. I wish I worked in a place where there was no come back for lack of courtesy and respect for customers. Some day maybe if they're ever hiring again. Gone to Comreg now so waiting for and escaltation. Land lines aren't exactly a new science but they still can't seem to grasp it/

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

5 months I've been waiting for a line and still no sign of anything. No contact from anybody in eircom at any stage and questions on this forum went unanswered. This seems to be what they consider satisfactory customer service.

Hi cookiesrock12,

I have also received a bill for a land line I don't have in. Eircom have now taken over from Ryan Air in regards to customer service. I wish I worked in a place where there was no come back for lack of courtesy and respect for customers. Some day maybe if they're ever hiring again. Gone to Comreg now so waiting for and escaltation. Land lines aren't exactly a new science but they still can't seem to grasp it/

Wow ! They are the pits of customer service ! It's incredible - I just got off another useless hour and half call there to 1901 - what an utter waste of time that was - I think I will also go down the route of comreg - best part of my story - I lived in this house before so the line was only deactivated for the year we were gone ! It just needs to be turned back on !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Hi cookiesrock12,

Wow ! They are the pits of customer service ! It's incredible - I just got off another useless hour and half call there to 1901 - what an utter waste of time that was - I think I will also go down the route of comreg - best part of my story - I lived in this house before so the line was only deactivated for the year we were gone ! It just needs to be turned back on !
    I hope you have competitors offering phone and broadband services, and give up on Eircom. As you say yourself, life is too short

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

It doesn't have to be Eircom who activate the line, SKY said they would do it for me free of charge if they could pinpoint my house, my problem is house wasn't named or numbered so they couldn't tell.

If you are in a numbered address you are laughing, if you are not you need to get your ARD key which is specific to the line going into your house.  Ask very nicely

Hi cookiesrock12,

HI Cookiesrock12

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues with this, I have not been available to respond to your last few posts however upon further investigation in to this today I have requested urgency in resolving this and a case has been opened for you (reference 12189041)

At present I can't offer a resolution date or timeframe however once this has been looked in to by field technicians I hope I can offer more information on this to you.

Thanks

Al

Anyone heard from Alan,Tony,Colm or Aishling lately ?. Missing in action. Still waiting on a satisfactory outcome.

• Advertisement

Anyone heard from Alan,Tony,Colm or Aishling lately ?. Missing in action. Still waiting on a satisfactory outcome.
    Hi crusher000

Having looked in to this further I can see that the line has been installed today, can you confirm this?

Thanks

Al

Advertisement