Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with my eFibre application???

Options
  • 21-01-2014 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hi.

I have a query for you. I have been on the phone to Eircom support yesterday for nearly an hour. The representative was very helpful but it's getting a bit confusing for me. I called again today but after speaking to someone I was put on hold for another 20 mins and then the call terminated. I tried again but gave up holding on.

I signed up for eFibre some 3 weeks ago. I am changing from my current supplier which finishes in the next few days. I received a couple of letters about my direct debit mandate and also a welcome letter and supplying terms and conditions. Up to yesterday I hadn't received any word on when my service would commence so I phoned 1901 to make enquiries.

The rep I spoke to  explained that it looked like my application had somehow turned into a request for a new phone line and not just an eFibre service application. I didn't understand a lot of what he was saying but it looked like he was going to have to cancel my 'line application' and when that had processed, he would then put in a new application for eFibre.

He said this might take some time so in the meantime I should get an Eircom non-fibre broadband service and I will be switched over to broadband as soon as possible. 

He asked me to hold while he transferred me to the correct dept. to apply for a DSL service. I went through the application process for a DSL service which I completed on the phone.

Later on last night I became concerned that it now seemed I have signed up for 2 Eircom services, eFibre and DSL, as I gave my bank account details etc to the person processing my DSL application.

Does all this make sense?? I hope so. If you can reply to me I can PM you with any details which you need. Please let me know what you require.

Please help as I am concerned about this.

Thanks
    Max Kelly

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

maximus02 wrote: »
    Hi.

I have a query for you. I have been on the phone to Eircom support yesterday for nearly an hour. The representative was very helpful but it's getting a bit confusing for me. I called again today but after speaking to someone I was put on hold for another 20 mins and then the call terminated. I tried again but gave up holding on.

I signed up for eFibre some 3 weeks ago. I am changing from my current supplier which finishes in the next few days. I received a couple of letters about my direct debit mandate and also a welcome letter and supplying terms and conditions. Up to yesterday I hadn't received any word on when my service would commence so I phoned 1901 to make enquiries.

The rep I spoke to  explained that it looked like my application had somehow turned into a request for a new phone line and not just an eFibre service application. I didn't understand a lot of what he was saying but it looked like he was going to have to cancel my 'line application' and when that had processed, he would then put in a new application for eFibre.

He said this might take some time so in the meantime I should get an Eircom non-fibre broadband service and I will be switched over to broadband as soon as possible. 

He asked me to hold while he transferred me to the correct dept. to apply for a DSL service. I went through the application process for a DSL service which I completed on the phone.

Later on last night I became concerned that it now seemed I have signed up for 2 Eircom services, eFibre and DSL, as I gave my bank account details etc to the person processing my DSL application.

Does all this make sense?? I hope so. If you can reply to me I can PM you with any details which you need. Please let me know what you require.

Please help as I am concerned about this.

Thanks
    Max Kelly
    Hi Max

Please PM your address and contact details, I'll look into this and get back to you as soon as I have news.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Alan

Thanks for reply. I have just sent you a PM.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards
    Max

Alan

Thanks for reply. I have just sent you a PM.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards
    Max
    Thanks maximus02 Got it, just replied a few minutes ago.

Al

Al

I have PMd a few times giving you times when I am available to take your call. Generally I'm not available until 4:30pm. So please use the email address which I gave you on my first PM. You can ring after 4:30pm but please also email me so I have some idea what is happening.

I'm worried I am stuck with 2 subscriptions and no service.

Hope to hear from you Monday.
    Max

Alan

Could you please help me with my account(s) problems.

I haven't heard from you as promised and I am extremely concerned about the situation

Please email me or PM me as soon as possible. You can try calling me on my mobile but I may not be able to answer during business hours.

I need help urgently with this matter.

Regards
    Max

• Advertisement

Alan

I haven't heard from you as promised and I am extremely concerned about the situation

Please email me or PM me as soon as possible. You can try calling me on my mobile but I may not be able to answer during business hours.

Regards
    Max

Hi maximus02

I am very sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I have further findings and good news to share.

I'm aware I had previously advised that I would call however I wanted to have concrete info for you and over the past few days there was confusion surrounding your account which has now been finally resolved.

I can assure you that there is no order for a new line or duplicate account; I see your line and broadband has come back to eircom. Eircom are now providing you with normal broadband and line rental and the next step is to place your efibre order. As your normal broadband has just come back to eircom today we will need to wait 24 hours before placing the efibre order.

I can arrange an agent to phone you tomorrow to arrange an efibre installation appointment if you would like to reply to this with an ideal time to reach you.

Thanks

Al

Alan

Regards
    Max

Hi maximus02

I am very sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I have further findings and good news to share.

I'm aware I had previously advised that I would call however I wanted to have concrete info for you and over the past few days there was confusion surrounding your account which has now been finally resolved.

I can assure you that there is no order for a new line or duplicate account; I see your line and broadband has come back to eircom. Eircom are now providing you with normal broadband and line rental and the next step is to place your efibre order. As your normal broadband has just come back to eircom today we will need to wait 24 hours before placing the efibre order.

I can arrange an agent to phone you tomorrow to arrange an efibre installation appointment if you would like to reply to this with an ideal time to reach you.

Thanks

Al
    Al

Thanks for reply

From Monday to Thursday I am only available after approx 4:30pm. I hope this suits.  On Friday I will be at home from 1pm approx.

Can you please confirm that I am not paying for a non-efibre connection.#

Also, My internet from previous supplier has now finished. Can I connect my own modem to get normal broadband now and if so, what username and password Do I use.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you very soon.
    Regards
    Max

Alan

Regards
    Max

Hi maximus02

Thanks

Al
    Al

Thanks for reply

From Monday to Thursday I am only available after approx 4:30pm. I hope this suits.  On Friday I will be at home from 1pm approx.

Can you please confirm that I am not paying for a non-efibre connection.#

Also, My internet from previous supplier has now finished. Can I connect my own modem to get normal broadband now and if so, what username and password Do I use.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you very soon.
    Regards
    Max
    Hi maximus02

I will request that an agent calls you at 4.30 today,

I can confirm that eircom are now providing you with non efibre broadband and your modem should work with this.

Find below the modem settings but in most cases these do not need to be changed to use eircom broadband:

Basic Modem Config:
    Username: eircom@eircom.net
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

Thanks

Al

Alan

Hi, I thought I'd enquire again about what is happening about my eFibre application.

I've sent you numerous PMs and you have promised me a call to discuss some issues. I know you tried to call me once but that was 2 weeks ago and I've been waiting for a call since.

Also you told me on Jan 28th(3 weeks ago) that an agent would call me the next day to arrange an installation date. Now 3 weeks later I am still waiting for a call from your agent for a date to be arranged.

Could you please look into this and call me. I will be available to accept your call on my mobile at most times. Just  please let it ring for a minute or so. If you don't need to discuss things but just need to let me know what's happening then please PM or email me or reply here.

I would also very much like to have these matters sorted.

Thanks
    Max

Hi Alan.

As it appears at this stage that Eircom have absolutely no interest in me becoming a customer or a subscriber to their eFibre service, I would like to you immediately organise to cancel my application for service.

As I have not received any word in almost 2 months about connecting me to eFibre I am assuming that my minimum contract period has not taken effect. 

I am therefore asking you herewith not to process any direct debit mandates between Eircom and my bank account and I have also given my bank this instruction.

I am proceeding with a service application with a different supplier.

Please also not that I sent this letter to you as a PM.

I expect to hear from you as soon as possible to confirm that these instructions are processing.

Regards
    Max Kelly

• Advertisement

Hi Alan.

As it appears at this stage that Eircom have absolutely no interest in me becoming a customer or a subscriber to their eFibre service, I would like to you immediately organise to cancel my application for service.

As I have not received any word in almost 2 months about connecting me to eFibre I am assuming that my minimum contract period has not taken effect. 

I am therefore asking you herewith not to process any direct debit mandates between Eircom and my bank account and I have also given my bank this instruction.

I am proceeding with a service application with a different supplier.

Please also not that I sent this letter to you as a PM.

I expect to hear from you as soon as possible to confirm that these instructions are processing.

Regards
    Max Kelly
    Hi maximus02

Thanks for taking my call, I expect to have a member of the efibre team arrange an appointment with you very soon.

Thanks

Al

Alan

Thanks for belated call.

Hopefully things will proceed normally from here.

Don't worry, I'll let you know.

Regards
    Max

Hi Alan.

The saga continues!

Today I received a letter from Eircom containing a bill!! My first thoughts were, "Wow that was quick, I only signed up yesterday."

The bill was for a total amount of "€76.43". However obviously it was not for the Eircom account which I had just set up yesterday but for a different account number 81962500.

I really don't know what happens in Eircom but obviously I am going to ignore this bill. Unfortunately Eircom may try to deduct this from me by direct debit. I really hope not Alan.

Can you please let me know what is happening here? I already have your promise that there won't be any double charges so just let me now what is happening.

I will also send this message by PM to make sure you get it.  I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards
    Max

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Seems to be awfully negligent carry on by Eircom with this. Hope you get it sorted soon. Waiting over a month for Fibre broadband is just madness.

Hi maximus02

Thanks for taking my call on this, as discussed the amount outstanding has been reduced by €40 ex vat and these charges are for your existing service before the migration to efibre.

Thanks

Al

Hi Alan

Me again.

Well what I anticipated would happen, has actually happened.

The full amount of €76.43 has been deducted from my account by DD and not the reduced amount of €27.23 as you promised. I'm sure you will say that this will all balance itself out but I simply don't believe it.

Any comments?

Regards
    Max

Hi Alan.

The saga continues!

Today I received a letter from Eircom containing a bill!! My first thoughts were, "Wow that was quick, I only signed up yesterday."

The bill was for a total amount of "€76.43". However obviously it was not for the Eircom account which I had just set up yesterday but for a different account number 81962500.

I really don't know what happens in Eircom but obviously I am going to ignore this bill. Unfortunately Eircom may try to deduct this from me by direct debit. I really hope not Alan.

Can you please let me know what is happening here? I already have your promise that there won't be any double charges so just let me now what is happening.

I will also send this message by PM to make sure you get it.  I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards
    Max

Hi maximus02

I see the upgrade has went through now, Hopefully all is ok but let me know if there is anything I can help with.

Thanks
    Al

Al

Thanks for your post.

Yes my fibre was installed last Friday and it went well. Speed is on the slow side relatively (c. 25-28Mbps) but that's another day's work.

Did you see my post above which I sent yesterday? 

The full amount of €76.43 has been deducted from my account by DD and not the reduced amount of €27.23 as you promised. I'm sure you will say that this will all balance itself out but I simply don't believe it.

Please check this out for me and let me know what's happening.

I'll send this post by PM also.
    Max

Al

Thanks for your post.

Yes my fibre was installed last Friday and it went well. Speed is on the slow side relatively (c. 25-28Mbps) but that's another day's work.

Did you see my post above which I sent yesterday? 

Please check this out for me and let me know what's happening.

I'll send this post by PM also.
    Max

Hi maximus02

I can understand your hesitancy not to believe me surrounding the billing but this will indeed balance itself out on your efibre bill.

Thanks

Al

Alan

Hi there, Long time no talk, remember me??

I'm having a problem with my billing which I am trying to follow closely as I'm still somewhat confused.

For this month I have not received a postal bill. It should have been my third bill and I guess should have been dated around the middle of April. This month's charge was deducted from my bank account but I never saw a bill.

Because I never saw a bill I tried to login to My Eircom but it won't let me.

I have tried to register. I am 100% sure that I am using my correct account number and phone number. I am as sure as I can be that I have entered the correct Captcha code but I can't register. I have tried to enter a captcha code dozens of times but I can't register.

Could you please check into this? Why can't I register in My Eircom and why didn't I receive a postal bill this month. Thanks.

If you need me to send you my account number and phone number, let me know and I will PM them.

Regards
    Maxwell Kelly

• Advertisement

Alan

Hi there, Long time no talk, remember me??

I'm having a problem with my billing which I am trying to follow closely as I'm still somewhat confused.

For this month I have not received a postal bill. It should have been my third bill and I guess should have been dated around the middle of April. This month's charge was deducted from my bank account but I never saw a bill.

Because I never saw a bill I tried to login to My Eircom but it won't let me.

I have tried to register. I am 100% sure that I am using my correct account number and phone number. I am as sure as I can be that I have entered the correct Captcha code but I can't register. I have tried to enter a captcha code dozens of times but I can't register.

Could you please check into this? Why can't I register in My Eircom and why didn't I receive a postal bill this month. Thanks.

If you need me to send you my account number and phone number, let me know and I will PM them.

Regards
    Maxwell Kelly

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi maximus02

Good to hear from you and do hope you are well,

Yes I can confirm that the 'my eircom' online account service is not yet available to efibre customers I'm afraid. Operations have informed me that there are plans to make this available in the future but there is no timeframe or ETA at present.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]If you can confirm your email address and efibre account number again I will email you the latest bill if you prefer?[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

Alan

I have sent you a PM.

Regards
    Maxwell Kelly

Alan

I have sent you a PM.