Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Visa

Options
  • 21-01-2014 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

I am looking to get a multi entry visa to China and having some issues with the form.

Under section 1.9 Local ID/Citizenship number. What are they looking for? PPS Number or Passport?

Information of inviter to China: Is this mandatory? I don't really have one.

Also, I was looking for multiple entries within 6 months. Is that 6 months from the data visa is issued or first entry into China?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭halkar

I am not sure which form you are filling but on normal visa form section 1.9 is Date of Birth. Section 1.11 is local id number which you leave empty and passport number is section 1.15.

You do not need inviter but you will need to provide your flight \ accommodation bookings.

If you have not been in China before they may refuse multiple entry but you can try. Your visa starts from the date it is issued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Perfect Thanks. So I should book flights before applying for the visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭halkar

Yes, also the accommodation booking. You can use booking.com. You do not have to pay until you arrive to China. Also you can cancel if you change your mind about the accommodation. They will check these when you go to the embassy in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Ok. Sounds fun, my booking are a bit all over the show.

Flying Dubin - Bangkok and Beijing - Dublin on one booking. Then Saigon - Manilla - Hong Kong on another and taking the train over to Shenzhen. Travelling through China leaving China and then going back in to take the flight from Beijing. Hopefully, they'll accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Skyhawk

I have my flight schedule and letter of invitation from the company I am visiting............I do not have hotel details, as I didnt realise these were mandatory?

• Advertisement
Advertisement