Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Pushy Sales Staff

Options
  • 21-01-2014 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

I answered my door about 15minutes ago to a salesman from electric Ireland. I was surprised as I am a customer, anyway I went and stated that I wasn't interested and was closing the door when this guy called me by my first name as if he knew me! I was thrown a bit by this and asked what he wanted and he went into the sales spiel so I was again closing the door when he mentioned my gas and 6% savings overall.

Yet again I was brought back to earth when he got a bit nasty and quite insistent on finding out who my current gas provider is. I kept refusing to answer stating that I would not be switching my gas so he did not need to know that information.

My concern now is why has this person used my first name and do sales staff have lists of current customers especially those who get the free electricity allowance such as pensioners? I would imagine a pensioner would be a lot easier prey for this type of salesperson as many would assume he was known to them when their first name is used!

Is it electric Ireland policy to trick customers especially the frail and infirm??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi foggy_lad,

We are sorry to read of this, and thank you for bringing it to our attention. The behavior you describe is certainly not in line with Electric Ireland policy.

We would appreciate if you could provide us with further information by private message so we can identify the field sales representative in question and take appropriate action.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement