Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mallow 10 Mile, 23.3.2014

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

didn't receive mine yet either. I'm not too upset about it anyway, it was a great race.

That's for sure.
    Nobody is questioning the quality of the event. But the organisers shouldn't be making extravagant statements and commitments that are not being met. This will only blot an otherwise spotless record.
    TBH I think most people would have been satisfied with the cotton T- shirt supplied on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Sorry for not replying sooner only got back from Boston yesterday.We have been informed shirts are to be posted on the coming week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭amber2

Anyone receive their technical top yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

not me either....thought we'd have them this week?

• Advertisement

redved wrote: »
    not me either....thought we'd have them this week?

You'd think so, FB page said they were posting them Tuesday,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Who cares. You already got a t-shirt, no?

Who cares. You already got a t-shirt,

No I didn't !

amber2 wrote: »
    No I didn't !

They were giving out cotton t-shirts at the finish line, no?

edit: What they've done btw is second to none. They've stayed true to their word and still worked to ensure that they can provide tech t-shirts to competitors which they didn't really have to do since it wasn't really their fault the initial quality problem was not their fault.

edit2: judging by their facebook page they are being shipped directly from the supplier so pretty much out of Mallow AC's control (remember the supplier and not mallow are the ones who f*cked up in the first place)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dcorcaigh

edit: What they've done btw is second to none. They've stayed true to their word and still worked to ensure that they can provide tech t-shirts to competitors which they didn't really have to do since it wasn't really their fault the initial quality problem was not their fault.

edit2: judging by their facebook page they are being shipped directly from the supplier so pretty much out of Mallow AC's control (remember the supplier and not mallow are the ones who f*cked up in the first place)

i totally agree Racoon what mallow ac are doing is fantastic, easy to see that its a race run by a club!

• Advertisement

RacoonQueen your mentality is exactly what puts people off posting in these forums.

I was under the impression that I could come on here and ask a question. If you bothered to read the thread and inform yourself you will see that I actually praised the organisers. I did not blame anyone, I simply asked did anyone receive a technical top. No need for the bully boy tactics.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Not received the tech top, but to be honest it doesn't bother me in the least.

They already gave out a top and I'd rather they put the money for postage etc into running the local club then waste it sending a tech top out to me in the post, (if it is costing them anything of course).

If its the printers feck up then they can send it whenever but I'm still not pushed about it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭slingerz

tbf a top if priomised on reg for your fee then its fair enough that they provide it. i know they gave out a cotton one but perhaps it was the tech top that meant people chose this race to do.

RacoonQueen your mentality is exactly what puts people off posting in these forums.

I was under the impression that I could come on here and ask a question. If you bothered to read the thread and inform yourself you will see that I actually praised the organisers. I did not blame anyone, I simply asked did anyone receive a technical top. No need for the bully boy tactics.

I am not using 'bully boy tactics' and no one is stopping you from asking a question all I was doing was resopnding to you, but if you want to throw a hissy fit...

The current topic btw is about the tech t-shirts, not about 'informing' myself of your previous comments in the thread which are completely irrelevant to the current topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

I am in the same boat as everyone else posting here,still waiting on my top too.I've been informed that the tops have been sent out by what method I don't know. If we had got the right tops we wouldn't have this issue and hopefully it's not going to effect peoples opinion on the race itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

I have been running topless for weeks due to this. Oh the humanity. Might have to wear one of the other tops I have.

rom wrote: »
    I have been running topless for weeks due to this. Oh the humanity. Might have to wear one of the other tops I have.

Pics for all the ladies rom??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

mr.wiggle wrote: »
    Pics for all the ladies rom??
    When you put it like that http://tinyurl.com/b3pnl5j

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Anyone receive their technical top yet?

Before anyone throws a Mickey-fit, At this stage I couldn't give a tuppence fvck if we never get these damned shirts, but on a weekend of disappointment (see Viking Marathon thread) it reminded me that we were left down on this issue as well. (not on the same scale admittedly).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

eliwallach wrote: »
    Before anyone throws a Mickey-fit, At this stage I couldn't give a tuppence fvck if we never get these damned shirts, but on a weekend of disappointment (see Viking Marathon thread) it reminded me that we were left down on this issue as well. (not on the same scale admittedly).

This will probably push you over the edge so :) The Limerick Marathon organisers are sending me a second t-shirt as they only had XXL left when my stuff was collected, they emailed me today to say I'll have a M this week sometime.

Yeah I've moved on from the Mallow t-shirt debacle as well, it's not like I need more t-shirts anyway!

• Advertisement

I've been told by a club member that some have received theirs already, but I'm not one of them.
    No doubt there'll be a concession for all disgruntled runners for next years race ....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

while I don't really care about the tops it would be nice just to be given an official word from the organisers regarding the tops that never materialised.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Must admit I'd totally forgotten about this until I found a packet inside the door when I came home from work, inside was the elusive Mallow 10 t-shirt :) Presume everyone has/will shortly get one as well.

Yip, lovely top delivered this morning.:cool:
    Mallow AC members can now come out of hiding..:pac:
    Looking forward to another great race next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭mylifetoday

Top arrived here too... a lovely surprise... Thanks Mallow AC... a grrrrreat 10 miler :-)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Got mine as well, hope it didn't cost Mallow A/C anything extra at this stage. if it did I'd have rathered they didn't send them out

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭MacSwifty

Got mine Friday - Tis a grand one Thanks Mallow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭mylifetoday

Has any date been set for 2015 and is there any mapmyrun link to the new course

Advertisement