Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monthly Cost of Vaping

Options
  • 21-01-2014 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi...wife wants to give vaping a try...she visited one of the vaping stores recently armed with a heap of questions. Unfortunately, the girl serving was pretty clueless beyond a point so all ended without gaining much knowledge.

From there the stickies have been read with numerous threads (although mainly from fellow newbies requiring advice).

The girl in the store quoted a monthly liquid cost of €12 with hardware on top. Now from reading users on boards, this seems odd.

The wife is a 20 a day 'mild', and will probably go for 18mg.

Could anyone help with the probable monthly cost assuming no hardware knowledge, and no hardware interest in the future, so strictly will purchase the liquid and replace any hardware as and when online.

Appreciate any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Seems to be a big spread of the volumes that people vape per day, same with nic levels.

At a guess, I'd say she could vape around 3ml a day starting out. A 30ml bottle can vary in price depending on the brand but about 10 -12 euro is probably a decent ballpark.

So around 30-40 euro a month or thereabouts might be a reasonable guess.

She could end up vaping less or more but I'd say 30 euro excluding hardware.

There's always the option of mixing her own too of course and that would be significantly less in terms of cost but she's unlikely to go down that road straight away.

Keep in mind that the hardware can add up too though but if she can find a suitable set up and stick to it, the cost of replacing the carto or the clearo head could be a couple of euro per week assuming she doesn't look at rebuildables.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I use between 4 and 6ml a day most of the time and spend aprox €33 a month on juice [i bulk buy juice from the USA every 3 or so months] then i might buy some other new juices here and there aswell.
    All in i doubt I'd spend more then €40-€50 a month inc everything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I'd allow €50 a month all in when she gets to a system she's happy with. Could cost €70-€80 a month to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

As Jak said the costs of juice every month should be small but the cost to get the right device can go very high. I spend about €60 or so on juice a month but thats because i vape a good bit. If i wasnt vaping so much then i wouldnt have such a high bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Start up, about €60-80 [to get a starter kit and maybe some extra batteries and clearos and some juice]

I think you can easily get by on about €20 p.m. if you keep it simple. You'll mostly be buying spares and topping up on juice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

€45 a month for juices usually does me...1 x 60ml House Of Liquid El Toro Virginia Prime + 1 x 30ml Papillon Organic pure menthol.

€15 a month for coils & I'm good.

All in...€60 a month on average ;)

Those are pricey liquids though. You can get a lot cheaper.

It will of course also depend mostly on how much juice you get through per day/week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Those are pricey liquids though. You can get a lot cheaper.

It will of course also depend mostly on how much juice you get through per day/week.
    I don't think €25 for 60ml of quality liquid is excessive, the menthol is a little pricey at €19.95 for 30ml, but once again you get what you pay for & I like the quality of 'House Of Liquids' products ;)

I've bought from HOL myself, I fell in love with Virginia prime at one stage and have been through about 5 bottles of it. But I'm more of a sweet flavour vaper these days.

I suppose these days it's just above or around par for 60ml. You can get much cheaper though, but you have to do some research to see what's hot or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 frankyman

Thanks all for the feedback and knowledge.

Gives us a great 'feel' of what to expect cost wise.

Will let the thread know how she gets on !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I was a 40 a day smoker. I now spend 22 euro a month on liquids (I work for a vendor, have to use their stuff), for 40ml, and 15 on clearos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I buy my juice in 100 ml bottles for 15 delivered and would probably use two per month,so €30 for juice,I am a heavy vapor though. I use mostly aspire viva nova's now which are about 5-6 quid depending where you get them and the replaceable heads for those are €2 a pop,so maybe 3 to 4 heads a month.I'd say I spend around €40 a month, thats a tenner more than I spent per day when I smoked cigs.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I buy 2 x 100ml bottles of juice every 2 months. So €15 a month.

Maybe a new CE4 inc 2 clearos every 3 months for €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I buy 2 x 100ml bottles of juice every 2 months. So €15 a month.

Maybe a new CE4 inc 2 clearos every 3 months for €10.

Ahem 300mls through 2 clearos? Thats 150ml in one CE4. Jasus that's stretching it. I never got more than 20 ml through a clearo before it became burny and I had to change the head. Still 20ml is near a weeks vaping and at 2 quid for the head and juice at 15 for 50ml it's way cheaper than fags. About 1 euro a day or so.

The big thing is having to fork out the money in a lump, fags were on a daily basis but unless you have a shop near by you end up ordering 30 or 40 quids worth at the time, Kinda reminds you of the cost more than a tenner here and their did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Ex 40 a day Silk Cut Ultra smoker. I actually ended up on the 24mg juice which is what broke the habit of the few real fags I was having along side the e-cigs for the first few weeks. Tried lots of different Clearo's in my time after hearing great reports about this or that clearo but none ever delivered the consistent taste and no dry burnt hits that my Kanger T2's did. Settled on 2 juices that I liked. Used Ego Twist batteries for the first year but have been using two iTaste VV for the last 6 months or so. Much handier as they are charged through a micro USB port on the bottom as opposed to the tops where the clearo's go. ie. One can still vape from them while they are charging. I'm vaping from one plugged into the PC I am typing on right now.

I go through 3x 30ml bottles of Juice and about 4 T2 heads a month. New T2 Clearo's about every 3 months as the drip tips are unique to the T2 and I chew them to destruction eventually. My ongoing costs are thus about €40 a month. I used to spend about €550 per month on my 40 a day smoking habit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

You will spend money starting out, getting a vaporiser that works best for you. Most bricks and mortars that have popped up seem to be selling absolute ****e, I have had plenty of people ask me where to get what only to go and buy something in a bricks and mortar because they think its easier but only for them to fall apart after little use and have the juice taste disgusting. Now I say most because there are most certainly exceptions but they seem to be few and far between. Most of the e-cigs being sold in bricks and mortars are being sold by cowboys who have jumped on the bandwagon.

I would say €60- €80 will get her started no bother.

You are much better of starting on a on a good system, you will spend less in the long run. Now that I have a system that works I spend around €20-€30 a month on good quality liquids and some replacement parts for my clearo's, spare cartomisers etc.

She will most definately save money in the long run if she is a 20 a day smoker.

Advertisement