Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

quick question ..selling getting paid by paypal

• 21-01-2014 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

hi

quick question.... i'm selling an item online

buyer is paying by paypal(i have an account)

am i safe to receive the money and then send item registered post to the buyer

or is there anything else i need to confirm first?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

hi

quick question.... i'm selling an item online

buyer is paying by paypal(i have an account)

am i safe to receive the money and then send item registered post to the buyer

or is there anything else i need to confirm first?

thanks

You will receive a mail with a link to the payment.
    If I were you I would log into your account the normal way to check that money is there. Don't use the link in case its a scam.
    If the monies there. Post away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

was a scammer anyhow

texted me first and wanted me to reply by email

then asked for a paypal payment request to be sent to him for the full amount plus 60 postage to nigeria

how would he work the scam if i got paid upfront...prob the fake paypal link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

was a scammer anyhow

texted me first and wanted me to reply by email

then asked for a paypal payment request to be sent to him for the full amount plus 60 postage to nigeria

how would he work the scam if i got paid upfront...prob the fake paypal link?
    Delighted you didn't get caught by it.

Advertisement