Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgrace

Options
  • 21-01-2014 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

So where do I start my install got put in today. So the guy arrived and it all went down hill asked how I wanted it set up and I explained the phone line is in the hall at the front door so the router must go there and I said I'd like my evision box in the main bedroom.

So he got the stuff and brought in the home plugs the router was plugged into the power socket at phone line. He then tyres to plug in the home plug and it wouldn't fit as basically the phone socket was in the way. So he used a extension lead and left everything in the corner of the hall on the floor it looked like a big pill of junk to be honest a disgrace. Next on up to the bedroom installed the box and home plug hear no issue really I could tidy this myself.

Box installed all job closed off and he sets up the box and it gives a error 400 the box doesn't work. It's all connected correctly but it just says contact customer care error 400 so this goes on for 30 mins and he has to ring Eircom customer care and stay in the wye like every one else.

They gut finally answers and says it should be working in Afew mins just need to activate and eircom will call me back.

It's now 9.30 I've no tv stations seem as I pulled out the satellite box and the box is still giving me a error 400 and no tv. The engineer firstly shouldn't of left without the service working it's a joke from the start any body know where to turn or what to do think il pull the whole lot out

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

burke027 wrote: »
    So where do I start my install got put in today. So the guy arrived and it all went down hill asked how I wanted it set up and I explained the phone line is in the hall at the front door so the router must go there and I said I'd like my evision box in the main bedroom.

So he got the stuff and brought in the home plugs the router was plugged into the power socket at phone line. He then tyres to plug in the home plug and it wouldn't fit as basically the phone socket was in the way. So he used a extension lead and left everything in the corner of the hall on the floor it looked like a big pill of junk to be honest a disgrace. Next on up to the bedroom installed the box and home plug hear no issue really I could tidy this myself.

Box installed all job closed off and he sets up the box and it gives a error 400 the box doesn't work. It's all connected correctly but it just says contact customer care error 400 so this goes on for 30 mins and he has to ring Eircom customer care and stay in the wye like every one else.

They gut finally answers and says it should be working in Afew mins just need to activate and eircom will call me back.

It's now 9.30 I've no tv stations seem as I pulled out the satellite box and the box is still giving me a error 400 and no tv. The engineer firstly shouldn't of left without the service working it's a joke from the start any body know where to turn or what to do think il pull the whole lot out

Hi burke027

Really sorry to hear this, Is it working for you yet? I'm afraid the best advice I can offer is to speak to evision technical support about this as they will be able to identify the issues and arrange another technician if required.

Evision support [font=Calibri","sans-serif]can be contacted on free phone 1901 (after entering your number chose option 3 and then 2 when prompted) or alternatively on 1890260260.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭burke027

Yeah got sorted seemingly it was kn networks fault the never closed off the job. I had 10 phone calls of 30 to 35 mins long to get this sorted over two days. This evening at 5.45 I rang kn networks myself and the tv was up and running in two mins.

The final thing I want to say is the state the install was left in. I had to personally disconnect every thing and re run everything myself. It's crazy how bad the job looked. Let's hope these are the only problems I run into because your customer service is an absolute disgrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

burke027 wrote: »
    Yeah got sorted seemingly it was kn networks fault the never closed off the job. I had 10 phone calls of 30 to 35 mins long to get this sorted over two days. This evening at 5.45 I rang kn networks myself and the tv was up and running in two mins.

The final thing I want to say is the state the install was left in. I had to personally disconnect every thing and re run everything myself. It's crazy how bad the job looked. Let's hope these are the only problems I run into because your customer service is an absolute disgrace

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi burke027

I'm glad to hear this has been sorted but I would like to apologise for the shortfalls in the customer service you received as I'm sure this is very disappointing.

If you require help or guidance with anything surrounding your account in future please let me know.

Thanks

Al[/font]

Advertisement