Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Adapter

Options
  • 21-01-2014 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

The network adaptor is fried on my desktop after the lighting (or at least that's what I think is the problem, as I lost my broadband altogether after a lighting storm, but have it fully restored after a call from an eircom engineer, it works fine with my laptop and wireless devices).
    I've had a look at some on online shops etc., but there are tons of them out there, and I'm not sure which one would be suitable.
    It's a Dell inspirion 560, any help/recommendations appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Did you need to replace your router? If not then it's unlikely that your nic is damaged. Have you done any troubleshooting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Neil Andblomee

degsie wrote: »
    Did you need to replace your router? If not then it's unlikely that your nic is damaged. Have you done any troubleshooting?
    No the router was fine, the wall socket/jack was replaced alright.
    I did abit of troubleshooting, and got the error message that "windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

post a screen shot of device manager (assuming you are using Windows, but i dont know cause you didnt say!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Neil Andblomee

davo2001 wrote: »
    post a screen shot of device manager (assuming you are using Windows, but i dont know cause you didnt say!)
    I'm using windows 7 and am posting this from my laptop and problem is with the desktop and I've no internet with the desktop, but after looking and comparing it to my laptop (vista) I can see that there is no +Network adapters in the desktop device manager.

Advertisement