If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new tv query

Options
  • 21-01-2014 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,
    I'm looking at getting a new tv. Haven't much knowledge on the difference between led lcd plasma but basically
    Wants:
    Size 37" - 42"
    full hd

Would likes:
    Smart - for Netflix etc.

Budget would be around 500. Any help/ suggestions would great.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ldl_84 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking at getting a new tv. Haven't much knowledge on the difference between led lcd plasma  but basically
    Wants:
    Size 37" - 42"
    full hd

Would likes:
    Smart - for Netflix etc.

Budget would be around 500. Any help/ suggestions would great.

Thanks
    lDl_84,

many thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you - we can just about squeeze a 42" 3D smart TV into your budget with the Toshiba 40L7355 at £399.95 / €499.99 ( assuming your budget is in Euro..) this Tosh is really full feature with Active 3D, Full HD, its 200Hz Toshiba processing with a 100Hz panel, it's also pretty smart with Netflix and FB apps and it has an IOS app to allow you to control it from your phone:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/toshiba/40l7355db/tosh-40l7355db

...on the other hand, if you budget was Sterling, then you really get some top quality choices - especially the superb choice between the Panasonic TXL42E6 at £499.95 / €624.99 http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl42e6b/pana-txl42e6b-bk a really stunning TV with built in Wifi, a really slim bezel and outstanding picture quality.

The final option I'd suggest is from Sony, their 42W653 really is a great TV at £489.95 - similar to the 42E6 Panasonic it majors on quality over features and its also eschews 3D - but it has excellent motion processing and is of course smart and also features wifi ( although we would still recommend direct router connection or that you add internet over mains adaptors!) it has Sony's Motionflow XR200Hz processing which makes the movement super smooth - however if push came to shove and you can stretch to the full £499 - I'd probably opt for the Panasonic TXL42E6

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ldl_84

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply. You always have to show the TV that makes me want to stretch the budget :) Another thing I should have mentioned is that the TV's will also be used for gaming, would that make any difference to your recommendations?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ldl_84 wrote: »
    Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply. You always have to show the TV that makes me want to stretch the budget :) Another thing I should have mentioned is that the TV's will also be used for gaming, would that make any difference to your recommendations?
    No problem and normally I'm quite restrained with getting Boardies to stretch the budgets but that Sony is a really good TV and
    if its mainly for gaming, then that would swing it straight back to the Sony...

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.