Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My eircom registration message

Options
  • 21-01-2014 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭

I've been trying to register for My eircom. 

Keep getting the same message when i click the email link which brings me to a page which says 'registration unsuccessful - Sorry, there was a problem activating your account'.

Any idea how to fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

pwurple wrote: »
    I've been trying to register for My eircom. 

Keep getting the same message when i click the email link which brings me to a page which says 'registration unsuccessful - Sorry, there was a problem activating your account'.

Any idea how to fix this?

I've had this issue since October . I've literally given up trying to get it resolved after numerous attempts to get the account unregistered to try and register again . However email webmaster@eircom.ie and explain your issue . Just tell them you had an issue trying to register your account and they will tell you the following " I can confirm that your account was removed from our database to allow you to re-register."
    They will then send you the link again which you've already received . It might take them anything from 10 working days to reply to your email . You could try ringing them up at 1901 . I got an email to try & register again for about the 5th time a couple of weeks ago but I can't be bothered to go through with it . Best of luck !! Hope you are more successful then I have been....
    I have a link to check my broadband usage and it's all I need really as I get a paper bill which has all the info I need .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi pwurple

The below information from Lennyzip is correct and should do the job however it's obviously not worked for him

- apologies Lennyzi have you tried re-registering with a different email address? I really have no other alternative to offer I'm afraid/

Thanks

Al

Hi pwurple

The below information from Lennyzip is correct and should do the job however it's obviously not worked for him

- apologies Lennyzi have you tried re-registering with a different email address? I really have no other alternative to offer I'm afraid/

Thanks

Al

Hi Al , yeah I've considered doing that . It's just I've grown impatient with the whole process & don't think I could handle going thru it all again . I still have the email so I might do it at a later stage but for the moment I can get by . When I upgrade to efibre and get a new account number and ye get that online system running hopefully I'll have better luck with it .

Cheers !

Lennyzip wrote: »
    Hi pwurple

Thanks

Al

Hi Al , yeah I've considered doing that . It's just I've grown impatient with the whole process & don't think I could handle going thru it all again . I still have the email so I might do it at a later stage but for the moment I can get by . When I upgrade to efibre and get a new account number and ye get that online system running hopefully I'll have better luck with it .

Cheers !
    No worries Lennyzip

Thanks

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Right... so I've emailed webmaster, and now I wait several weeks for a response is it?

That's not really the answer I was hoping for. 

• Advertisement

Right... so I've emailed webmaster, and now I wait several weeks for a response is it?

That's just my experience of it . Seems the IT stuff can take awhile to get sorted . Now you could ring 1901 but that option wasn't one I was going to take .

Hi pwurple

I can understand this is a long time to wait however I can confrim that it can take up to 30days. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

30 days, that's a pretty bad turnaround on a customer issue alright.

30 days, that's a pretty bad turnaround on a customer issue alright.
    Hi pwurple

I can understand your feelings towards this timeframe and I will certainly use this as feedback to online operations. Sorry about this.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement