Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run The Line 2014

Options
  • 21-01-2014 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

I believe this event is coming back this November 29th

www.runtheline.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Excellent news. Same route ?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭summit2summit

PaulieC wrote: »
    Excellent news. Same route ?

I think so yes

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Rogue Runner

Fantastic news. This was one of the best races last year. Worthy cause too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

great news, the was a highlight race of 2013 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

statss wrote: »
    great news, the was a highlight race of 2013 for me

Missed it last year as too soon after New York and did my hamstring.

Will hope to do it this year.

• Advertisement

'Run The Line 2014' is confirmed for 29th Nov. Start location and route will remain unchanged.

Website will be updated over the coming weeks.

Pls spread the word.

Thanks,

S2S

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭NameThatTune

I might be wrong but was there two of these last years? One in July? One in November?

There was a Walk The Line in July and Run in november

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I might be wrong but was there two of these last years? One in July? One in November?

As PaulieC said, there was a Walk the Line and there was also the Dublin Mountain High (Previously named the Dublin Mountain Plod) in July.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    As PaulieC said, there was a Walk the Line and there was also the Dublin Mountain High (Previously named the Dublin Mountain Plod) in July.

WTL and RTL are DWMRT events and the DMH is an IMRA event

• Advertisement

Maulin results now up on imra.ie

Run the Line is officially launched as of yesterday. Early bird price available till the end of this month. Route unchanged except for a small section around Tibradden. Date is Nov 29th. More at runtheline.ie

reminder that the early bird entries finish tomorrow...sign up today for only 25 euros. Cheap at twice the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

Signed up yesterday for the long one. Did the shorter route last year and loved everything about it. I highly recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

All signed up for the long course.

Was my comeback event after injury last year and loved it. Stunning value and great cause.

Today is the last day of the early bird €25 rate

RTL registration will close at midnight on the 26th of November. This year’s event will see the introduction of a cap on runners so get signed up early to avoid disappointment. www.runtheline.ie/register

Thanks

Gareth

Only 4 weeks until #RTL14!

Gareth, is there a way to verify registration? I registered in July, but didn't get confirmation and then I got a mail last week telling me to register.

Do you want to drop us a quick mail at info@runtheline.ie Pailie C and we will confirm asap, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Hi,
    I'm looking for a garmin link of the short course for a pal if someone had a link from last year.
    Cheers,
    Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I have one so will post it tomorrow when I have my laptop with me.
    Edit, Actually, try this, I have it imported to Strava

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭gqma0

Hi,
    I'm looking for a garmin link of the short course for a pal if someone had a link from last year.
    Cheers,
    Mick

there's mine from last year.
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/410482737

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Just entered this, has anyone a garmin link to the long course?

I run parts of the longer course this morning, in my weekly long run, on the Dublin Mountains Way between Jonnie Fox's and Cruagh Woods. I was surprised to see so little water on the paths and fire roads. I thought I'd find a lot more after this week's rains. I didn't even bother taking any pictures.

I couldn't find some of the paths on which the race will take place. I know my map reading skills are almost non-existant (I've already sent Santa my letter for a compass and book to learn to navigate). Can someone confirm the race course will be clearly marked, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

inigo wrote: »
    I run parts of the longer course this morning, in my weekly long run, on the Dublin Mountain Way between Jonnie Fox's and Cruagh Woods. I was surprised to see so little water on the paths and fire roads. I thought I'd find a lot more after this week's rains. I didn't even bother taking any pictures.

I couldn't find some of the paths on which the race will take place. I know my map reading skills are almost non-existant (I've already sent Santa my letter for a compass and book to learn to navigate). Can someone confirm the race course will be clearly marked, please?

Fully marked with plenty of marshalls at key junctions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,222 ✭✭✭plodder

mloc123 wrote: »
    Just entered this, has anyone a garmin link to the long course?
    Here's mine from last year.

http://www.strava.com/activities/97857681

Inigo, it sounds like you missed out on the wet parts. The first couple of miles are wet and sloppy. Also, from memory, the bit at the far side of Cruagh is wet (was pretty much running down a stream). You'll definitely needs trail shoes.

PaulieC wrote: »
    Inigo, it sounds like you missed out on the wet parts. The first couple of miles are wet and sloppy. Also, from memory, the bit at the far side of Cruagh is wet (was pretty much running down a stream). You'll definitely needs trail shoes.

Thanks for that, PC! I know I missed parts, the hidden and probably wet ones. I remember the short course from last year, definitely trail shoes alright. Should be fun... and tough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

The 'new' section on Tibradden on MTB trail below DMW (based on route map for this year, slight change to 2013) is narrow & very wet in places.
    It's a tough but really enjoyable section to run.

Keep something in the tank for the long slow climb up Cruagh which is mostly dry (today).

IMO Trail shoes are essential, it'd be very difficult in road shoes.

Advertisement