Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run The Line 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

PaulieC wrote: »
    Inigo, it sounds like you missed out on the wet parts. The first couple of miles are wet and sloppy. Also, from memory, the bit at the far side of Cruagh is wet (was pretty much running down a stream). You'll definitely needs trail shoes.

They've done a lot of work and filled in most the stream section after the sleepers up in Cruagh wood. Much easier surface until near the end for about 200 meters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

They've done a lot of work and filled in most the stream section after the sleepers up in Cruagh wood.

Boo to whoever did that. That was one of the good sections :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Ah still plenty of challenging places for the newly converted....

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭summit2summit

We are down to our last 30 spaces. We expect the event to be full in the next 24 hours. We will have a waitlist for those that miss out. Thanks

RTL is now SOLD OUT. Please send a mail to info@runtheline.ie with the word WAITLIST in the subject along with your details to be added to the event wait list. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

Will water be given in cups or bottles? (And I don't mean bucketloads of rain...)

inigo wrote: »
    Will water be given in cups or bottles? (And I don't mean bucketloads of rain...)

We will have water in cups at each aid station. Where supplies last, we will also have blue poweraid too ;)

jb-ski wrote: »
    The 'new' section on Tibradden on MTB trail below DMW (based on route map for this year, slight change to 2013) is narrow & very wet in places.
    It's a tough but really enjoyable section to run.

Keep something in the tank for the long slow climb up Cruagh which is mostly dry (today).

IMO Trail shoes are essential, it'd be very difficult in road shoes.

It's one of the best stretches of trail I have ever ran on in the Dublin Mountain's!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Where supplies last, we will also have blue poweraid too ;)
    Nectar of the gods. Worth the asking price alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Paddyman38

Hi, Anybody know if there is a 10 am start for the 26km race on saturday as well as the 11 am main start.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Paddyman38 wrote: »
    Hi, Anybody know if there is a 10 am start for the 26km race on saturday as well as the 11 am main start.
    Thanks

I'd be very interested in a 10am start also, particularly if there are cut off times along the way??

I'd be very interested in a 10am start also, particularly if there are cut off times along the way??

Yeap, there is a 10am start for the long course only. Pls try and arrive at 9 to register if taking 10 start, thanks

Anyone who is succesful on the waitlist will get a link mailed to them tonight. Please keep an eye on your emails! Thx

Are there cut off times for the longer course?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Are there cut off times for the longer course?

Wanted to check this too, I think I will take the 10am start just to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Will there be any limit to the numbers being let start at 10am?

fletch wrote: »
    Will there be any limit to the numbers being let start at 10am?

Nope

mloc123 wrote: »
    Wanted to check this too, I think I will take the 10am start just to be safe.

Yes, pls see FAQ doc

http://runtheline.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Frequently-Asked-Questions-2014.pdf

Event forecast supplied by Wicklow Weather:

Run the Line 2014 - This Saturday the event will see ideal outdoor conditions. A morning average of 8c increasing to approx 11c (highest elevations 9c) by afternoon. A mostly dry day for the event, a slight risk of rain early in the morning. A very light breeze in exposed areas with near still conditions in sheltered areas of the walk/run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

I'll be tired after the long run and may lose my marbles along the way... so I'll say thank you to the organisers and to the Mountain Rescue Teams for their continuous excellent work & support along the years. I'll hopefully never need your services, but if i do, i know you are there. Keep up the good work.
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

My first time doing this, opting for the short course. Looking forward to it after reading the reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mick74

same - first mountain run. and good weather too! Cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Have fun everyone doing this tomorrow. Weather looks like it's going to be perfect. I must admit that I am envious as I'll be stuck plodding up and down the flatlands of Clontarf :(

Last minute prep...

Trail or road shoes for tomorrow? What % of the route is mud?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

mloc123 wrote: »
    Last minute prep...

Trail or road shoes for tomorrow? What % of the route is mud?
    Definitely trail shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Definitely trail shoes.

Particularly shoes that can do offtrail!

Definitely trail shoes.

I was around the short course today. Muddy in patches but generally in very good shape. Trail shoes if you have them though...

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

Definitely trail shoes.

Road shoes it is then:D
    no choice anyway...

• Advertisement

Home now, nice race and I enjoyed it. My only complaint was I missed the long course turn and ended up doing the short course.

I don't know if there was a sign or a marshall, the area was very busy with walkers. Didn't realise until I got to the water station. I guess I should have studied the map more.

Advertisement