Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selling american dollars as a customer

Options
  • 21-01-2014 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, can I sell american dollars to the bank? if so, do I get a better exchange rate for being a customer? what rate?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Chaco,

Thanks for getting in contact with us and welcome to boards.ie.

You can certainly sell US dollars to any Bank of Ireland branch. Exchange rates can change daily. You can check the rate of exchange using this calculator on our website.

Exchange rates remain the same for both existing customers and non BOI customers. For further information on Foreign Currency please see here on our website.

If you would like to contact your local Bank of Ireland branch, they can arrange the currency exchange for you. You can find details on our branches location and contact information here.

We hope this information helps.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Chaco

Hi Chaco,

Thanks for getting in contact with us and welcome to boards.ie.

You can certainly sell US dollars to any Bank of Ireland branch. Exchange rates can change daily. You can check the rate of exchange using this calculator on our website.

Exchange rates remain the same for both existing customers and non BOI customers. For further information on Foreign Currency please see here on our website.

If you would like to contact your local Bank of Ireland branch, they can arrange the currency exchange for you. You can find details on our branches location and contact information here.

We hope this information helps.

Thanks,
    Elaine
    Thanks for answering Elaine. 

The link above takes me to a converter that gets the amount of euros and returns the amount of foreign currency. What I have is USD and want to deposit them in my account, so I want to know how much euros I'm going to get for the US dollars I have.

Or, can I just deposit US dollars and have the conversion made by the bank?

Thanks 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Chaco,

Apologies, you are correct that calculator only gives you the option to convert from Euro. Perhaps this link will be more benefical. It provides you with the buy and sell rate for all currencies. Regrettably, we do not have a calculator to convert a specific amount of US Dollars to Euro.

However, if you contact your branch a representative will be happy to provide you with this specific information and arrange for this deposit to be made to your account.

We hope this helps.

Thanks again,
    Elaine

Advertisement