Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queuing for concert tickets at ticketmaster Galway

Options
  • 22-01-2014 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Has anybody from Galway queued for concert tickets before at ticketmaster?

Garth Brooks tickets are going on sale Thursday morning of next week.

I never did it before. What is it like? If I was to form a queue what time would I need to be there at? I read on a forum that there are people camping out from the 28th. That's in Dublin though.

I know there is online but my internet connection is poor and not only that ticketmaster can get clogged up when many are going online as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The place is in Zhivago on Shop Street. I only ever once heard about there being a queue there.
    Apparently they use the same pool as online sales so you still have to compete with online fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

don't bother.... I queued there overnight for tickets for U2 at Slane. Hundreds of people camped out on Shop St. (was a great night actually!)

Zhivago sold ten tickets before the gig sold out, and that was before online sales of tickets was really popular... (thought there was gonna be a riot that morning!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I have to get tickets too.

Is there anywhere in town with good internet connection?

Internet cafes can be slow and would they be open at 8.30 am?

Im thinking of maybe a hotel with very very good connection. I'd be willing to stay a night for a good connection.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

ticketmaster is crap they will sell 12 tickets at each store

yet you can buy 12 tickets per person at their other website TicketsNow website before it goes on sale for 4 times the cost

There are potential conflicts of interest when a company operates in both primary and secondary sales markets.

the ticket master website will be sold out before you log in

you have to line up 7pm the night before

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Internet cafes can be slow and would they be open at 8.30 am?

Im thinking of maybe a hotel with very very good connection. I'd be willing to stay a night for a good connection.
    Internet cafes are fast enough to order tickets.
    However, always be careful with using your credit card on public computers.

This thread deals with buying online.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

So, is there a queue outside Zhivago yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

snubbleste wrote: »
    So, is there a queue outside Zhivago yet?

Yeah, a big one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Treadhead wrote: »
    don't bother.... I queued there overnight for tickets for U2 at Slane. Hundreds of people camped out on Shop St. (was a great night actually!)

Zhivago sold ten tickets before the gig sold out, and that was before online sales of tickets was really popular... (thought there was gonna be a riot that morning!)

God that was a class night. lol. do you remember the security guys taking off their .illuminous jackets and hopping in at top of the queue.

Advertisement