Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Del Amitri - Vicar Street Wed 22/01/14

Options
  • 22-01-2014 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Anybody going along to see this great band Wednesday night in Vicar Street a long time since they last played here.

The tour kicked off in Cork tonight and they have just re-released Deluxe Version of 3 of the successful albums Waking Hours / Change Everything and Twisted.

They hopefully will get a decent crowd just think its stretching putting them in Vicar Street. Hope they get the turnout.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

Went to the Cork gig last night.

They were superb but it looked like they didn't sell out Cyprus Avenue. That's a tiny venue so I'd be surprised if they get a big crowd tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

ashdale5 wrote: »
    Went to the Cork gig last night.

They were superb but it looked like they didn't sell out Cyprus Avenue. That's a tiny venue so I'd be surprised if they get a big crowd tonight.

Thanks Ashdale5 for the heads up I am awfully worried about the crowd tonight ! Glad you enjoyed it though ! Was the setlist good ? Did they play Ace of Spades this time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

Thanks Ashdale5 for the heads up I am awfully worried about the crowd tonight ! Glad you enjoyed it though ! Was the setlist good ? Did they play Ace of Spades this time ?

They didn't play Ace of Spades.

The set list was great. Played virtually every hit you could think of with a couple of rarities thrown in (Drunk in a Band)

There were nice acoustic versions of Tell Her This, Be my Downfall and Driving with the Brakes on as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

Great concert last night in Vicar Street they left the tables in place but there was a decent enough crowd. Spoke to some of the band members afterwards said they were happy with Cork and Dublin and will be back, Fingers crossed.

Some great tunes in the set list - This is taken from Setlist FM below

1. Always the Last to Know
    2. Kiss This Thing Goodbye
    3. The Ones That You Love Lead You Nowhere
    4. Just Like a Man
    5. What I Think She Sees
    6. Not Where It's At
    7. Sleep Instead of Teardrops
    8. Be My Downfall
    (Acoustic)
    9. Food for Songs
    10. Tell Her This