Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dome Cameras installation query.

Options
  • 22-01-2014 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭

Hello all, quick question, i got roped into installing a cctv system in a 2 story dwelling, they want a camera at each end of the front of the house to catch the left hand side and right hand side of yard and road that runs along the front of house, i can install cameras at first floor level i.e just over top of windows height or soffit level, which site would be better?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 rossie08

whats the camera spec, is it fixed lens or vari focal whats the IR distance and whats the distance from the point of focus back to camera( if its 16 feet up and 15 feet out its roughly 25 feet to the focal point for optimum performance from a 3.6 1/3" fixed Lens. Also bare in mind cleaning and maintenance body cameras tend to attract cobwebs killing IR plus soffit installed cameras the same no matter which. http://www.videosec.com/education/lens-glossary.pdf here is a link for best performance depending on lens and distance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most suppliers would help you out with suitable distance and height along with ir distance is applicable.
    Are you psa licenced to carry out this work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

KoolKid wrote: »
    Are you psa licenced to carry out this work?
    I am not and thanks for making me aware of that, i made a few calls yesterday and getting a PSA Licensed installer to do the job, he is happy for me to work with him in cable routing and as a helper.
    He said the system is a very poor quality Chinese diy system but still happy to install it best he can to optimise its performance, glad now its working out this way as it pays to have people experienced at their job, horses for courses i guess.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks
    I need to close this thread now, as you can't ask for help here for anything that might be illegal.
    If you're working with a licenced installer he will have all the information you need.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement