Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freesat from Sky white card in contract box

• 22-01-2014 1:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭

Solved......thanks gtg60

I have solved this problem.....call it "user error"....

Too embarrassed to say how, but ignore everything I posted here......I'm an idiot!!!

Sorry!!!

OK guys, can I ask a few questions about a Freesat from Sky white card which I have, activated as NI card, about 2/3'ish years ago.

I had this as a back-up in another room in our house, and it showed the NI EPG, with BBC NI, as 101, etc I think, with the card in. It was used occasionally only, but always displayed the proper EPG when used.

The sky box I had there has died!!!

Well, I have had a row with Sky, and we have parted ways, and I have my old original Pace Sky DigiBox, which I have been using as the main box since I got Sky, 9 years ago, and which has the Irish EPG still on it, with RTE 1 as 101, etc

This auld box here:

pace_2600_c1.jpg

The box has not yet been de-activated by Sky, as there are a number of days left to run until 31 days notice expires.

I have taken out the Sky subscription card, restarted the box, forced a new s/w download by pressing the back-up button on power-up, got the three lights and a sign on the TV saying it will take 10 mins, etc.

But, it still will not show the EPG for the Sky FTA card, with BBC NI, etc.

Still shows the Irish EPG if either card is inserted, obviously RTE, etc, do not work with the Freesat card.

With no card in, I have the default EPG, with BBC London, etc

I thought the Freesat from Sky card should work in any box, with the EPG for the Region it was activated for??

Am I wrong?? Any thoughts or help gratefully received.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Please lads, anyone at all have any advice or thoughts on this for me??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

I thought the Freesat from Sky card should work in any box, with the EPG for the Region it was activated for??

Yes, it should, sounds like the card is not being read, what message is being displayed on a scrambled channel with the NI card in the box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭alfreg

Just a long shot here but check and see are you putting the card into the correct slot at the front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

If you leave the card in the box overnight, it should auto-update. Thats what I do with the one I have. It even works on the new Sky+HD box that I have:cool:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

If you leave the card in the box overnight, it should auto-update. Thats what I do with the one I have. It even works on the new Sky+HD box that I have:cool:.

That doesn't make any difference, an unactive card will not receive the FTV channels (Sony TV, Motors TV etc) until it receives it's entitlement update but it will still put the correct EPG on the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

gtg60 wrote: »
    That doesn't make any difference, an unactive card will not receive the FTV channels (Sony TV, Motors TV etc) until it receives it's entitlement update but it will still put the correct EPG on the box.

All I can say is that it worked for me. Now my card was in a Ferguson Ariva box and had entitlements up to sometime in 2017. Now it could have only updated the entitlements while in a Sky stb.So when I put it in the Sky+HD box, and left it on stand-by overnight, I had Beeb 1 NW at 101.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

is this box like the new boxes where one of the options in services shows the sky card number?

Is it showing "No Card" - I've one card like that
    the ROI epg stays up on the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Too embarrassed to say how, but ignore everything I posted here......

Sorry!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Too embarrassed to say how, but ignore everything I posted here......

Sorry!!!

Ah, the old ID10T error :)

Advertisement