Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 week 3 reports

• 22-01-2014 2:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭

Due to ridiculous lag, Perrin and I have decided to play again later in the week

We got half way through but passing plays were not possible as button presses were not registered on 1st or second try!

Perrin was in the lead and was the one to put it off. Gent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Managed to lose to the cpu cowboys. Think I can stick a fork in the season already :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Managed to lose to the cpu cowboys. Think I can stick a fork in the season already :mad:

And this Folks is what happens when you tip the colts for a victory.......Let it be a lesson to ye all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

****. How hard is the CPU this time round?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Knex. wrote: »

I will let you know after tonight. Playing the Vikes.

Raoul wrote: »
    I will let you know after tonight. Playing the Vikes.

I'm scared as I'm playing Dolphins :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

They are harder, but thats still no excuse. I don't take the cpu seriously at the beginning and by the time I realise i'm in trouble it's too late.

Very Hard, i just about beat the jags but ive been practicing using the new sliders and its getting alot easier, shame ive feck all CPU games.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    They are harder, but thats still no excuse. I don't take the cpu seriously at the beginning and by the time I realise i'm in trouble it's too late.

This..

Here is the crux of the issue, the CPU will stick to its game plan throughout the game, winning or losing.

A human player if behind will always start to air it out as they feel under pressure to score to get back into it. The CPU wont.

If the human player doesnt stick to his game plan in a tight game, you may well lose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Yep or if you throw 3 interceptions in the final quarter you will lose.

Eeeeeagles beat out Dolphins 24-32, or something similar.

Should have been more, but a Barkley fumble returned for a TD on opening drive, and then an inexplicably missed INT that went through Williams hands and left the Dolphins receiver with a chance to walk in, kept the CPU in it.

Happy to be 3-0. When I took over the Eagles at this stage last season they were 0-3!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Panthers @ Titans
    Panthers go first.. and have a 3and out. .so do the Titans..

Big Olsen TD.. Mariani brings the KO back to the house!
    TD Panthers, Titans drive and its a Johnson TD

TD Panthers after a great PA. FG Titans after getting stopped on 4th and 2

Panthers on 1st and goal with 20 seconds. they get it

HT and its 28-17 Panthers with the Titans to receive.. Punt and A Panthers TD..
    Not going as planned.

Titans TD,
    35-24 at the start of the 4th, I need a stop!

All game i cant stop the Panthers on 3rd down, it looks like might get a stop but the RB powers over the line

Panthers kill the game with a safety!

Cant argue with this result, 2 big plays given up to TEs and cant stop anything on 3rd down

Good win Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭rugbydan92

Overall a big play display mariani is a bad man.

rugbydan92 wrote: »
    Overall a big play display mariani is a bad man.

Yep Mariani is an odd one..
    hes quick, his catching stats are good, hes a great returner but his overall is in the 60's, but he'll probably end up with a boat load of TDs on my run to the playoffs :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Bring back lynch :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ravens 27 Seahawks 24

Cracking game with the lead constantly switching until the final minutes of overtime.

Rumours abound that the Seahawks GM will be benching starting TE Zach Miller after he dropped the potential game winning TD in the end zone late in the fourth :eek:

Hero of the game was Lardarius Webb the Ravens CB with two ints including a pick 6. Richard Sherman wishes he was Webb ;)

Thanks for the chat Padraic, good luck for the season

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Bengals 27- Browns 17

Good game in the AFC North, with the Bengals edging the Browns by 10 points.

The Benglas got the ball first and went on a long drive finished by Gio Bernard from 1 yard out. The Browns then went on a long drive of their own but had to settle for 3 inside the red zone.

7-3 Bengals.

On the next drive the Bengals had another nice drive and this time it was BJGE who got the TD 14-3.

Right before half time the Browns fumbled and the Benglas managed a FG to make it 17-3 at the half.

The Browns came roaring back however, Trent Richardson scored to make it a 7 point game. The bengals have to settle for 3 on the next drive to make it 20-10.

Into the 4th quarter and with the Benglas backed up at the 9 yard line following a good punt, Dalton hits AJ Green for the 91-yard TD to make it 27-10.

Cleveland manage a TD of their own to make it a 10 point game once more, but they cannot get the stop they need and the Bengals are able to run out the clock.

Good performances:

Both QB's finish with ratings above 130.

Trent Richardson averages 4.6 YPC

AJ Green and Tyler Eifert combine for 268 yards receiving.
    Josh Gordon finishes on 51 yards on 2 receptions.

My rookie WR Commodore has 2 catches for 23 yards, but also has 2 drops, one of which looked like a surefire TD.

Cheers for the game paddy, catch you for the return.

I beat the CPU vikes last night 23-10. Kept Peterson to under 100 yards. Fairly happy with that after a few people complaining about how hard the CPU was. It was definitely harder but more realistic and not impossible to play against. It was more on level terms with a human v human game where I actually had to get the ball off quick as they blitzed more, I took a few sacks aswell. But overall, once I figured them out it wasn't too difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Jets 42-21 Patriots

Had this score been the reverse I could not have complained. This huge divisional game was basically decided on two plays. Pats were unstoppable on their first two drives. At 7-14 Jets were driving deep in NE territory with less than a minute left in the half. Geno threw a pick BUT it was negated for defensive offsides. Jets were fortunate and tied the game at the half. They then took their opening drive of Q3 for a TD and of when Trinton Holliday fumbled the resultant kickoff ex Pat Logan Ryan recovered for the Jets who then drove for the 14 point lead. After that the Pats were up against it and consequently Brady threw 3 picks, two of which were freakish by Cromartie and Wilson. Jets were able to rely on their run game to close out the win.

Good game and chat.

Broncos beat the Colts.

Broncos beat the Colts.
    guessing melton wasnt up to much ?

• Advertisement

rugbydan92 wrote: »
    guessing melton wasnt up to much ?

ooh b*tch slapped :pac:

he is going to kill me :p

Melton had 1 tackle i think which is my fault....Nothing else to add about this game

do you user dlinemen ?

Raoul wrote: »
    I beat the CPU vikes last night 23-10. Kept Peterson to under 100 yards. Fairly happy with that after a few people complaining about how hard the CPU was. It was definitely harder but more realistic and not impossible to play against. It was more on level terms with a human v human game where I actually had to get the ball off quick as they blitzed more, I took a few sacks aswell. But overall, once I figured them out it wasn't too difficult.

This isn't showing yet on cc website, but i defo have 53 players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Saints beat the Falcons 28-14 in their NFC South battle.

Falcons received and went on a long drive down field which took a lot of time off the clock. Just as it looked like it was going to end in a touchdown, strong safety Kenny Vaccaro popped in front of the receiver to pick the ball off. Saints first drive saw Sproles pick up where he left off against the Falcons in the season opener as he broke off a 55 yard run to set the Saints up just outside the red zone. The drive ended with Sproles beating the edge rusher on a sweep for a 3 yard TD.

Second quarter started with the Falcons getting a nice drive going but rookie Vincent was alert to danger as he picked off Ryan and the Saints ended up getting in for a TD a few plays later through the FB as Bray connected with rookie receiver Teller on a big 3rd down play. Falcons went up the field again with a nice mix of throws by Ryan and a big run on a screen from Bennett which again got the Falcons into the red zone. However, as Bennett was running to the outside Vaccaro met him head on and managed to set the ball free which the Saints recovered.

Saints got the ball to start the second half and some nice throws from Bray coupled with a few decent runs from Sproles resulted in a Ben Watson TD to bring the score to 21-0. A big sack from Haralson and a mis-communication at the line of scrimmage meant the Falcons punted on their next possession, and a huge 3rd down conversion from Bray to Lance Moore saw the latter run in for a 56 yard TD. 28-0. Atlanta were unstoppable on their following drive and went the whole way down field converting on a Spaeth reception for a 13 yard TD. 28-7.

At the start of the fourth quarter the Saints were gobbling up the clock nicely when Bray tried to be a bit too ambitious on a play action pass and threw into coverage which was picked. The Falcons again moved nicely down the field on the next play with Spaeth getting in for his second TD of the day to put two scores between the teams with 3 minutes left. 28-14. The Saints offensive coordinator decided to put the game in the hands of Sproles and he didn't disappoint as he (and a couple of short conversions from FB Coleman) ran down the clock.

Good game Gatsby. You were really unlucky and almost everything went against you. 2 turnovers in the red zone and an injury to your TE, it could honestly have seen you 28-0 up rather than me at one stage if things had have gone right for you.

Thanks for the chat and good luck for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Paully D wrote: »
    Saints beat the Falcons 28-14 in their NFC South battle.

Falcons received and went on a long drive down field which took a lot of time off the clock. Just as it looked like it was going to end in a touchdown, strong safety Kenny Vaccaro popped in front of the receiver to pick the ball off. Saints first drive saw Sproles pick up where he left off against the Falcons in the season opener as he broke off a 55 yard run to set the Saints up just outside the red zone. The drive ended with Sproles beating the edge rusher on a sweep for a 3 yard TD.

Second quarter started with the Falcons getting a nice drive going but rookie Vincent was alert to danger as he picked off Ryan and the Saints ended up getting in for a TD a few plays later through the FB as Bray connected with rookie receiver Teller on a big 3rd down play. Falcons went up the field again with a nice mix of throws by Ryan and a big run on a screen from Bennett which again got the Falcons into the red zone. However, as Bennett was running to the outside Vaccaro met him head on and managed to set the ball free which the Saints recovered.

Saints got the ball to start the second half and some nice throws from Bray coupled with a few decent runs from Sproles resulted in a Ben Watson TD to bring the score to 21-0. A big sack from Haralson and a mis-communication at the line of scrimmage meant the Falcons punted on their next possession, and a huge 3rd down conversion from Bray to Lance Moore saw the latter run in for a 56 yard TD. 28-0. Atlanta were unstoppable on their following drive and went the whole way down field converting on a Spaeth reception for a 13 yard TD. 28-7.

At the start of the fourth quarter the Saints were gobbling up the clock nicely when Bray tried to be a bit too ambitious on a play action pass and threw into coverage which was picked. The Falcons again moved nicely down the field on the next play with Spaeth getting in for his second TD of the day to put two scores between the teams with 3 minutes left. 28-14. The Saints offensive coordinator decided to put the game in the hands of Sproles and he didn't disappoint as he (and a couple of short conversions from FB Coleman) ran down the clock.

Good game Gatsby. You were really unlucky and almost everything went against you. 2 turnovers in the red zone and an injury to your TE, it could honestly have seen you 28-0 up rather than me at one stage if things had have gone right for you.

Thanks for the chat and good luck for the rest of the season.

Yeah good game, I think it would have been a lot closer but there's no way I can stop your offense. It would have just been TD for TD until someone messed up! Good luck with your season anyway.

Packers and Buccs have been unable to play. Both are 0-2 so one is going 0-3 not good.

madalig12 wrote: »
    This isn't showing yet on cc website, but i defo have 53 players.

What exactly isn't showing up? Presume you don't mean my game which you quoted

• Advertisement

Only on cc website Raoul. Our game was kicking out the intived player each time.

Advertisement