Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you wear make-up everyday?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

As long as you remove your make up properly I can't see how it would cause problems? But you're kind of moving into skin care then, using the correct moisturiser for your skin type etc. As mentioned SPF is essential every day, even if it's cloudy out. My BB cream is SPF 35, my moisturiser is 15 (pretty standard for day creams), and in summer I wore 50 on my face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I am so envious of all the people in this thread who don't need to wear foundation! My face looks awful bare, my skintone is so uneven, so my face looks so patchy. Not to mention the spots I still get in my late 20s :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

I am so envious of all the people in this thread who don't need to wear foundation! My face looks awful bare, my skintone is so uneven, so my face looks so patchy. Not to mention the spots I still get in my late 20s :rolleyes:

My skin is pretty good but I still get spots on my chin from time to time!! >.< I thought once I got out of my teens, there would be no more spots. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Im such a lazy person Id have no issue really with facing people bare faced but I dont really like to do so. Like I would go around college for the day or around to friends with nothing or just some concealer on but I certainly wouldnt be proud of my face or anything.

Normally if I was doing my make up for the day I'd wear powder, concealer, (sometimes primer underneath), fill in my brows and light eyeliner. However since the start of the year I decided that if the best reason I could come up with for not wearing make up when leaving the house was that I was too lazy to put it on and take it off, well that simply wasnt good enough. I have a fair few products and I love playing with make up and how it makes me feel so ive been making real efforts to wear more during the day.

Ive been using a light foundation, concealer, powder, fill in my brows, eyeliner, mascara, blusher and a lip butter or tinted balm.
    That sounds like I plaster my whole face but like one of the posters above said I think a lot has to do with what look you go for and colours and quantity of product used.. Like I hope that when I leave my house in the morning that I dont look like Im heading out for the night..

Then for going out it'd be heavier foundation and bronzers and highlighters and id use eyeshadow and gel eyeliner and maybe a bolder lip colour because I do like to look more made up for nights out.
    So yea I didnt vote on the poll because I havnt a clue where Id fit in on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

I tend to only wear make up on a night out, the odd day I might put a bit of foundation on just not to scare folk :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭miss-p

Yeah I'm no make-up to work during the week, unless I've a massive spot or something to hide and then I'd just cover it.
    Then powder, mascara and a little eye-liner if I'm doing something during the day at the weekend, meeting friends etc...the full works on a night out :) I like spending time before going on a night out doing my make-up. The whole enjoyment of getting ready ya know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I wear something between bare minimum and 'the works' most days. Running out to the supermarket I wouldn't bother... maybe a quick dab of foundation if I'm in danger of scaring small children :o
    My 'going out' make up is pretty much the same as everyday - possibly I'd use something more metallic on my eyes but I still stick to neutrals. I love playing with my Naked 2 palate for day or night.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I was talking about this recently to my friend. I never used to wear much make-up, I really only got into it a bit in my 20's but only the bare bare minimum, maybe a bit of eyeshadow, but if I was going on a night out I'd slap on the foundation and started buying 'better' brands. Its now that I'm in my late 30's, I wear it every day for work. If I am not working and at home all day I won't put anything but moisturiser on, but I feel like as I get older, my skin is looking duller and I've dark circles under my eyes, so I feel self concious if I am out and nothing covering it up!

I started using Bare Minerals a year ago, and I must say I love it as its got that minimal feeling on, but just enough coverage for me. I am not very experimental with make-up, unless for a special occassion, but even then I'm not sure what I'm doing half the time! I am not into lipstick, and again just wear it for a 'special occasion/night out'. I don't even touch up my makeup during the day, but I think its more to do with the Bare Minerals being so good, that I don't feel I need to. I don't carry a make up bag with me anyway!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

maguic24 wrote: »
    My skin is pretty good but I still get spots on my chin from time to time!! >.< I thought once I got out of my teens, there would be no more spots. :(

I'm in my late 30's and I still get spots on my chin! Its hormonal apparently, and normally only around my period. So not a whole lot you can do about it, apart from lots of water!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Gosh. I wear nothing at all most days. Only wear a bit of eyemakeup to work if important event or meeting a friend.
    For going out in the winter time, I wear the lot but in summer I often leave off any face make up and just do eyes.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

See now this kind of stuff irritates me. Are men ever told "you have to grow a beard" or whatever? Doubtful.

Was only discussing this recently lots of friends of mine in office jobs and my brother when he was in retail were all expected to be clean shaven every day.

I wear make up every day, maybe just in the evenings on weekends but I still apply wit least once each day. My skin is awful bare faced. My definition of minimum is undoubtedly more than most peoples. I'd say my day time look uses the same amount of products as my nighttime look, just more neutral colours. I do love make up though. I never find it a chore and I never dread the thoughts of having to apply it which I'm sure many people do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'm a bit surprised by the number of people who wear just concealer, or just eyeliner/mascara - the only 'just' for me would be foundation, but I suppose I have a few pigmentation problems so my first priority is to even out my skintone... I'd never apply eyeshadow, blush or even lipstick/gloss without foundation. I wish my skin was good enough to go without base :( Ah well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

dee_mc wrote: »
    I'm a bit surprised by the number of people who wear just concealer, or just eyeliner/mascara - the only 'just' for me would be foundation, but I suppose I have a few pigmentation problems so my first priority is to even out my skintone... I'd never apply eyeshadow, blush or even lipstick/gloss without foundation. I wish my skin was good enough to go without base :( Ah well!

Yeah same here - I think I'd look ridiculous with mascara and no other makeup, but I'm quite fair and my skintone is a bit uneven too so mascara is obvious when it's on, and foundation is obvious when it's not!

Wear makeup at work every day (office job) - I don't really think about it, just put it on as I put on my work clothes as opposed to the jeans I wear at the weekends. Primer, foundation, concealer, powder, blush, mascara. For nights out, eyeshadow/liner and lipstick, and a different foundation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

I wear a little bit most days going to college - mostly just foundation and filling in my eyebrows. If I'm looking a bit pale I'll wear a bit of blusher and often wear highlighter. Only takes a minute or two to do in the morning. If I'm going out really the only thing I do differently is eye make up. I like focusing on my eyes but I can't be bothered wearing eye make up every day, it just ends up rubbed off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

I work in an office and wear BB cream, eyeliner, blusher an mascara everyday. It just makes me look a little more put together.

If I was staying at home for the day I wouldn't wear any make up. If I was going out shopping for the day/meeting friends for lunch etc I would wear my work make up but maybe add a little eyeshadow for a day look or wear a bright lip gloss.

For a night out I do the works, usually a smokey eye, muted lip, bronzer, sometimes fake lashes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I usually go out like this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGoC0nUltjGjC-6MP8qpYww4ZDR1k_hXqV_KGZpKCzpac_egIV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

When I'm working I would just wear foundation, blush,mascara and my brow kit. On my weekdays off work, when I'm not doing anything I won't wear any. It's nice to have a break:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Every day for work (I'm a teacher): Foundation, mascara, quick sweep of a neutral shadow, blusher, sometimes concealer if I've a blemish, and most importantly of all (my personal bugbear when people ignore theirs), I shade in my eyebrows. Written down that sounds like loads but it takes 5 minutes in the morning. I would hate to leave the house without makeup. Going to the gym or something obviously it's grand but other than that I'd feel very self conscious.

For going out I wear a different foundation (Double Wear), do a smokey eye including gel eyeliner, extra coat of mascara, powder, bronzer, lip gloss or lipstick. Probably takes about 10-15 mins altogether. I actually really enjoy putting on makeup though, I don't see it as a chore at all.

I do honestly think makeup (once it's applied properly!) pretty much improves everyone- I suppose it just comes down to whether or not a person is bothered or not, and it's totally fair enough if you're not. I just personally enjoy it and it gives me confidence so it's a win-win for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭OntheStrings

I would wear makeup everyday. I just love the whole process of it, cleaning the skin moisturising, primer, foundation and the works. I tend to use different shades of beige. Colours that would match and blend well rather than crazy black eyes and red lips. As long as you feel good about yourself who cares! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

I wear foundation, powder, eyeliner, mascara and blusher everyday and that's just to feel (and look) normal :) on a night out I just do all the aforementioned x 10 ;)

I don't think I look overdone in fact I think I'd look awful without it. I've worn foundation everyday since I was 13 and I'm almost 33 so 20 years (argh)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 Oswin

I'm 29 and I work in an office and wear a light foundation and a bit of powder everyday to even out my skin tone and hide blemishes as I tend to have a very red face otherwise. Will add a bit of eyeshadow, mascara and blusher if I am going out. On a big night out I'll also wear eyeliner, lipstick etc. At the weekends I often go barefaced just to give my skin a chance to breathe and I would have no problem at all going to the shops without make up, I just feel more confident wearing it in a social/ professional situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LanaFey

I would wear makeup every day- concealer, foundation, powder. I fill in my brows and wear mascara, light eyeshadow and some eyeliner. Wouldn't bother with lipstick generally as I can never be bothered re-applying it.

I have acne so I feel more confident and put together with it covered up. I also have noticeable under eye circles (thank you, genetics). I'd generally remove it after work and would sometimes go a day without it at the weekend to give my skin a break. I find it a relaxing 'ritual' in the morning so I don't mind it, only takes about ten minutes.

For special occasions I'd do a smokey eye (love my Naked palettes) and a full lip, might add a highlighter and some blush.

Advertisement