Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 4 forgot passcode

• 22-01-2014 2:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭

Hi,

I forgot my passcode on my iphone 4 changed it when drunk!! Can anyone help me out how to format it? I never sync'd it..

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

I hope its not a stolen phone

http://www.wikihow.com/Bypass-iPhone-Passcode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

Thanks for reply,

I can assure you its not stolen, changed passcode on missus :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

That link wont help much- wont get rid of passcode.

The only easy way is to restore the phone from the last pc or cloud backup -

you will loose all photos contacts etc since last backup.

There used be some hacky ways of doing it or removing what you need before erasing it if you dont want loose anything - depending on the phone and ios version.

“Roll it back”

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

If you had iOS7 installed then you will still need the password to restore the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

davo2001 wrote: »
    If you had iOS7 installed then you will still need the password to restore the phone.

Could force the restore in recovery mode onto the phone to get about this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Even if they force a restore, if Activation Lock/Find My iPhone is enabled, they'll need their Apple ID to activate the phone again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Even if they force a restore, if Activation Lock/Find My iPhone is enabled, they'll need their Apple ID to activate the phone again.

I think it's the actual phone 4 digit pass code he's forgotten, not his apple id password.

Advertisement