Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Back

Options
  • 22-01-2014 8:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

I'm in Vancouver since May, I have been working fulltime since June 1st, I know how to do the taxes in March/April and what form I need etc etc. I'm on the 2 year Visa so I am here until May 2015

I have heard from a couple of people that as part of the Visa scheme you are entitled to your tax back for the first tax year that you are working here? If this is true then sweet!

Is there any truth to this or is it just people getting confused about being overcharged tax and being entitled to it back?

Thanks for any input

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Because you didnt work a full year in Canada you will get a refund of the majority of the tax you paid back.
    It is nothing to do with the type of visa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭willabur

this would be pretty sweet, hadn't even considered it as a possibility.
    I started a job last june but the company is closing in February. On the hunt for a new job now so a tax refund would take the pressure off massively.

If anyone on here has completed one recently then some anecdotes about the experience of going through the process would be much appreciated

Advertisement