Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

seriousincome.co.uk

Options
  • 22-01-2014 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all

Anyone used the site seriousincome.co.uk before? I believe it's to do with working with Kleeneze. Has anyone worked with them before, or know whats involved? They say you can earn an extra £1,000 per month for 10-20 hours work. So is this actually realistic?

Any info would be great, thanks

Stuttgart88

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭blindsider

This is door-to-door sales or similar, right? Maybe it's selling to a group of friends in someone's house a la Avon or Tupperware? Do you have to buy stock upfront?

I'm sure someone made £1000 in a month, maybe even working 10 - 20 hrs - BUT is this realistic? No.

If it was, they'd have a waiting list of potential sales people - secondly, if it sounds too good to be true...then it probably is.

This is hard work. You would probably start by tapping your friends and family - they may well not appreciate you using the friendship as a sales tool - and they'll def. comeback looking for the return transaction - be it raffle tickets or babysitting.

Personally, I'd avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Stuttgart88

Thanks blindsider. I think its door to door alright, but I don't know how much sales is involved. From the little I know, it seems to be more dropping brochures and order forms round to a load of houses - then collecting them again a couple of days later. But I'm not 100% sure, that's why I'm wondering what exactly is involved, and how much could realistically be made

I'd tend to agree though that if it was that easy, they'd be snowed under with applications!!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭kristian12

My partner tried this and yes it's Kleeneze and no it's not easy money.

You start with having to buy the brochures and the bags and any extra you want costs you more on top. The job starts with you then inserting forms and callback slips into each bag and then dropping them through letterboxes. Thats the easy bit, the collection can mean you have to go back again and again and even then out of 50 books you might be lucky and get 45 back. If they have placed an order you then have to let them know when this will be there and sometimes this can be a month later as unless you make a payment you might not have enough credit on your account for the order, if it is below a certain amount then you pay for delivery. People change their minds or its not what they want you end up refunding them out of your own pocket and waiting for the money back.

There is also enormous pressure to recruit as you get a percentage of their earnings and the person who recruited you also gets a percentage of yours as well as theres.

I could go on but it'll give you an idea of the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Stuttgart88

Thanks Kristian12. I'm sure you could go on further, but I think my curiosity has been amply satisfied. I thought there must be a few catches involved as otherwise, like blindsider said, there'd be people queuing up to do it.

Thanks again

Advertisement