Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longboarding in Dublin

• 22-01-2014 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Instead of reviving an old thread starting a new one. Looking for a couple of cruising spots with a gentle slope, just starting out.

From previous threads gathered the following list:
    Phoenix Park
    • Farmleigh
    • Khyber Road
    • Military Road
    Marley Park
    Hunters Wood, Rathfarnham
    Airside, Rathfarnham
    St Annes Park, Clontarf

Found one at Cherrywood park, it's a recently built road to be used for Luas parking but hasn't been opened yet :)

r8t7uw.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

There is a security patrol in the cherrywood science and technology park. They won't even let locals go for a walk up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    There is a security patrol in the cherrywood science and technology park. They won't even let locals go for a walk up there.

There is, however I emailed Luas to see what the story was with it.
    The car park that you refer to is owned by Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, we've no information on it at the moment.

It was built by NAMA, so reading that I would think that they have no control over the area. You can park on the main road, no need to enter the park

By all means give it a try. But twice I have been stopped by a security patrol while I walked on the road in your picture and was told that until it is opened to the public I couldn't walk there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,635 ✭✭✭✭ted1

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    By all means give it a try. But twice I have been stopped by a security patrol while I walked on the road in your picture and was told that until it is opened to the public I couldn't walk there.

when was that?

the road has officially been handed over to the council

The last time was a couple of months ago, before the parking spaces had been painted. So maybe it's alright now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 xesf

Sorry to bump your thread, but do you guys think it's a good idea to get a longboard to cruise while going work in Dublin?
    I have to walk about 17min to get the Luas green line (Charlemount/Ranalagh), than arrive at Stillorgan and walk more 10min. And I was thinking if longboarding will be a nice way to short the walking distance.

Advertisement