Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Considering buying a 2010 citroen grand picasso

• 22-01-2014 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

hi
    could someone please advise me on something. im considering buying a 2010 citroen grand picasso from a dealer.its a uk import brought here in aug 2013.the dealer bought it in dec 2013. i ran a check through motor check.ie and it returned a result warning of condition alert. anyway i questioned this in more detail with motorcheck and it seems the car was technically examined by the gardai in oct 2013 and the reason they gave was either the car was likely to have been broken into or stolen and recovered. they also said there was no record of damage to the car follwing this incident. should i avoid this car in your opinion? the car otherwise when we took it for test drive seemed fine. i had my uncle with me who knows a bit about cars and he checked it over ,couldnt see anything amiss . if you have any advice for me it would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

hi
    could someone please advise me on something. im considering buying a 2010 citroen grand picasso from a dealer.its a uk import brought here in aug 2013.the dealer bought it in dec 2013. i ran a check through motor check.ie and it returned a result warning of condition alert. anyway i questioned this in more detail with motorcheck and it seems the car was technically examined by the gardai in oct 2013 and the reason they gave was either the car was likely to have been broken into or stolen and recovered. they also said there was no record of damage to the car follwing this incident. should i avoid this car in your opinion? the car otherwise when we took it for test drive seemed fine. i had my uncle with me who knows a bit about cars and he checked it over ,couldnt see anything amiss . if you have any advice for me it would be greatly appreciated thanks.

I'd use that as bargaining leverage TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

thanks for your reply kenny. i had been offered a very good deal on it before i found out all this but im definitely gonna say it to the dealer . i know nothing about cars and im prob just over worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved out from another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

I know the Picasso has its fans, it has sold well and my experience is with one example only but...the only time I've ever been scared in a car was on the Severn Bridge in a Picasso. A sidewind made it necessary for me to employ seamanship skills to keep the car on a straight line. Mine was the only vehicle waltzing from lane to lane and other drivers were waving at me without using all of their fingers.

Next time Mr. Hertz gave me the keys for a Picasso I refused.

Wandering in sidewinds might be a feature of many MPVs but not one that I appreciate. Anyway, who, other than international basketball players, needs the amount of headroom there is in a Picasso? Go for the standard, pre-highrise car. It's much more civilised.

lol!! brensbenz that made me laugh :P ive made a decision gonna steer clear of it just in case something comes back to bite me afterwards, thanks for advice ,looking at ford galaxies instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

...looking at ford galaxies instead

If you're determined to go high-rise, why not consider one of these? Lower for cargo; upper for passengers.
    • You can drive at any speed and in any lane you like;
    • You can park wherever you like and never be clamped;
    • You'll never be stopped by Gardai;
    • Proper, mansize steering wheel and a bouncy castle driver's seat;
    • Built-in CCTV;
    • People at bus stops will wave at you;
    • If you play with the automatic doors, they'll wave even more vigorously, etc.
    Wow! I'm convinced. Just off to check donedeal.

290205.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

BrensBenz wrote: »
    I know the Picasso has its fans, it has sold well and my experience is with one example only but...the only time I've ever been scared in a car was on the Severn Bridge in a Picasso. A sidewind made it necessary for me to employ seamanship skills to keep the car on a straight line. Mine was the only vehicle waltzing from lane to lane and other drivers were waving at me without using all of their fingers.

Next time Mr. Hertz gave me the keys for a Picasso I refused.

Wandering in sidewinds might be a feature of many MPVs but not one that I appreciate. Anyway, who, other than international basketball players, needs the amount of headroom there is in a Picasso? Go for the standard, pre-highrise car. It's much more civilised.

We've had a C4GP for three years... travelled M1/M3/M8 in all sorts of weather and found it as solid as other similar cars... Much better roadholding then our last 7 seater Zaferia.
    How likely is OP to find himself on the Severn Bridge in a blowing gale?

There are plenty of cars around OP, no need to jump for one with anything suspect in its background.. Its a deal you might end up being sorry you took..

Just an update on this. I ended up buying the car . No problems to this day . sails through ncts . And has saved me a fortune on fuel . Most economical car ive ever owned .

Advertisement