Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coin lodgement allowed times

Options
  • 22-01-2014 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 68,788 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to get the allowed coin lodgement times for branches anywhere online? Particularly interested in O'Connell Street and Fairview if there's no full list available.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi MYOB,

Thanks for getting in touch.

All of our branches now accept coin lodgements on Tuesdays from 10am until noon and all day Friday. The coin needs to be fully bagged and in the correct denominations. This information is not on our website however, we will pass it on as a suggestion as we feel it would be of benefit to customers.

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Are these the up to date details re coin lodging/ exchange please?
    Is this applicable to all branches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi LynnGrace

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

The majority of our branches will accept and dispense coin on Tuesdays 10am-12pm and all day Friday.

Is there a particular branch you would like us to check for you? 

All of our branches can also be contacted by phone prior to a visit to check the coin times and days. Contact details for our branches can be found here

If we can help further, please do let us know.

Thanks
    Alison

Thanks, Alison, that's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 irishuser11

Hi, Can you tell me if I can lodge coins in Ranelagh, Dublin on Friday?

• Advertisement

Hi irishuser11

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

There's been a recent change to the coin service in our branches. 

For business customers, coin service is now available all day Monday and Friday and also Tuesday mornings 10 am-12 pm.

Branch coin service for personal customers and charities is available during normal branch cashier service times.

We hope this helps, if you've further questions please feel free to ask us here.

Thanks
    Alison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Retailer

As a past BOI business customer, when they started forcing me into lodging large amounts of cash into a machine in full view of everyone, as opposed to previously in a dedicated business room, I began to lodge the cash into a personal account that I set up especially.

I did the same with the coins when they limited the times.

Saved several thousand in business fees over two years before I moved business account to another bank. My accountant gave out to me initially of course but at the end of the year when they saw the savings, they didn't complain any more.

I'm not necessarily advocating this but limiting the coin lodging times to a specific 2 hour wondow when I worked in a shop and couldn't get to the bank during those hours was the straw that broke the camels back for me

• Registered Users Posts: 23 irishuser11

Hi irishuser11

For business customers, coin service is now available all day Monday and Friday and also Tuesday mornings 10 am-12 pm.

Branch coin service for personal customers and charities is available during normal branch cashier service times.

We hope this helps, if you've further questions please feel free to ask us here.

Thanks
    Alison
    Hi Alison,

So what are " normal branch cashier service times"?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi irishuser11

Thanks
    Alison
    Hi Alison,

So what are " normal branch cashier service times"?

Thanks
    Hi irishuser11,

Thanks for your reply. 

Normal branch cashier service times are generally Monday to Friday during branch opening hours. You can find individual branch opening times on our branch locator tool here

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭fun.bobby1981

Hi there, is the below still the case? i.e. as a personal customer can I take coin into the branch on any day during normal opening hours?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi fun.bobby1981

Thanks for getting in touch today.

Happy to advise, yes this is still the case for personal customers. Just also to mention, coin will need to be fully bagged and in correct denominations.

Feel free to contact us again for any further queries you may have.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Do any branches have coin counting machines? 

Hi cullenswood

Thanks for making contact with us here on Boards.ie

Sorry, our Branches do not have coin counting machines. The coin will need to be fully bagged and in correction denominations, you may have noticed this mentioned in the thread. We'll certainly send on your interest today to our Branch Network Team.

Thanks again for getting in touch. Be sure to let us know if we can help with anything else.

Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 18 caffers3

Hi,

Is there any charge when lodging coins into my personal account? I currently have a Graduate account.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

caffers3 wrote: »
    Hi,

Is there any charge when lodging coins into my personal account? I currently have a Graduate account.

Thanks.
    Hi caffers3,

Thanks for your post. 

On a Graduate account, there is no fee for lodging coins to your account. You can find the Schedule of Fees and Charges for our Current accounts here, Graduate accounts are detailed on page 18. 

Please let us know if we can help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

Hi, I have all my coins bagged up. Just want to make sure that as a personal customer I will be able to lodge it on Friday without any hassle. My branch is Newlands Cross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

caffers3 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks.
    Hi caffers3,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards today.

Yes you can certainly lodge coins to your account however the coin would need to be fully bagged and in the correct denominations. The charge for this is 60c.

Please see here for a list of all branches and their opening hours.

Have a great weekend and if there is anything else we can help you with please don’t hesitate in contacting us again.

Helen

• Registered Users Posts: 68,788 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Have these rules changed again or did I misread something last time I was in the branch?

Maynooth is where I'd be looking to go - need to lodge cheques which I can use the LATM for but have some bags also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

L1011 wrote: »
    Have these rules changed again or did I misread something last time I was in the branch?

Maynooth is where I'd be looking to go - need to lodge cheques which I can use the LATM for but have some bags also.
    Hi L1011, thanks for getting in touch.

Yes coin service for personal customers and charities is available during normal branch cashier service times. Coin service times for business customers are all day Mondays and Fridays and Tuesday mornings (10:00 am to 12:00 pm).
    Coin should be fully bagged and in the correct denominations.

Times can vary locally but you can check with your branch here. I hope this helps, please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

What are coin lodgement times Galway City branches this week and next? 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

youngrun wrote: »
    What are coin lodgement times Galway City branches this week and next? 
    Good morning youngrun, 

Cash lodgement is available during normal branch cashier service days. For the opening hours of your local branch please see this link

For more information on our Christmas opening hours over the next few days please see our sticky here. 

I hope this answers your query and please don't hesitate to contact us here on Boards.ie

Thanks, 

Evie

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭fun.bobby1981

Hi there,

My wife has recently held a charity fundraiser in her place of work and I will be bringing a mixture of notes & coins to a branch to lodge to the charity's account.

You have mentioned previously RE bagging of coins that they need to be fully bagged. Does this mean that you will not accept, for example, a bag of 20c coins that only contains €2.80 in value?

Also, if the charity's account is with BOI, could you confirm what is there a charge for lodging cash over the counter, to a charity account?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi fun.bobby1981,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

When making a coin lodgement, the coin must be fully bagged and in the correct denominations.

The charge for lodging coin to a charity account is specific to the type of account itself. It would be best to speak with your account holding branch and an Advisor will be happy to confirm if a charge will be applied. 

Contact details for your branch can be found here 

Thanks,

Sharon

Is this still the up to date situation, can I take coins (fully bagged etc) to a branch at any time during opening hours? Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Is this still the up to date situation, can I take coins (fully bagged etc) to a branch at any time during opening hours? Thank you.
    Good Afternoon LynnGrace, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here. 

Coin lodgement services for personal customers is available during normal branch cashier service times. We would suggest that you check these times on our Branch Locator prior to your visit to avoid disappointment. 

Thanks, 

Elaine 

Thank you. 

Advertisement