Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rednecks

Options
  • 22-01-2014 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Do rechecks generally go up a grade ? Anyone know where I can check the stats on that ?
    I think a few grades were undervalued but don't want to risk losing €75 on each if they're generally not upgraded.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

You can ask lecturers to recheck your paper for free. It's only if you both look at the paper and you disagree with their assessment that you pay the 75 euro for an external examiner to take a look.

Just e-mail the lecturers and ask to schedule an appointment to review your paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Anyone know how i can stop reading the title as "Rednecks"? I get disappointed every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Yeah ****ing rednecks taking over UCD, out with you, whsssst, whsssstt!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Durz0 Blint

I have heard from lecturers of cases where the grades have went down.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Durz0 Blint

I have heard from lecturers of cases where the grades have went down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭taz70

You can ask lecturers to recheck your paper for free. It's only if you both look at the paper and you disagree with their assessment that you pay the 75 euro for an external examiner to take a look.

Just e-mail the lecturers and ask to schedule an appointment to review your paper.

That's not quite right. You can only appeal (and pay the €75)if you have grounds to appeal - and that doesn't mean an external examiner looks at your paper. It just means that you present a case as to why your grade should be higher then the lecturer responds to your case and then the committee decide if there should be a change.

But definitely look over your paper first in case some marks were not added in or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ruburd

taz70 wrote: »
    That's not quite right. You can only appeal (and pay the €75)if you have grounds to appeal - and that doesn't mean an external examiner looks at your paper. It just means that you present a case as to why your grade should be higher then the lecturer responds to your case and then the committee decide if there should be a change.

But definitely look over your paper first in case some marks were not added in or something.

If the lecturer is willing to review the paper with you can they decide to upgrade the paper without going through the formal appeals procedure ?
    Some are enabling this review window prior to February's final results; will this review procedure be different from the latter ?

Thanks for your responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

ruburd wrote: »
    If the lecturer is willing to review the paper with you can they decide to upgrade the paper without going through the formal appeals procedure ?
    Some are enabling this review window prior to February's final results; will this review procedure be different from the latter ?

Yes. When I did it the lecturer told me he agreed with my assessment. He said there was "some paperwork" for him to fill in and that the grade would be changed once it went through. I got an e-mail a few weeks later from whoever organizes results telling me there have been changes which have now been implemented.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭taz70

ruburd wrote: »

Yes, they can decide that if they want to. Don't let them fool you and say you have to go through the appeals process. That's not the case at all. (Some lecturers do that - I don't know why). They can revise the grade and sort the paperwork out themselves.

But it's not always the case that they will change the grade.

Advertisement