Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Dropbox development roles

Options
  • 22-01-2014 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is there any core software development going on in these companies in Dublin? I see lots of jobs being advertised but none for software developers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Hi,

Is there any core software development going on in these companies in Dublin? I see lots of jobs being advertised but none for software developers.

Its very little, and what development is being done is usually on internal tools and the like, I'm not sure if that comes under your defintion of "core". It doesn't for me.

The reason for this is that its important that the "business" units need to be in this country, so they can keep some sort of straight face as they use Ireland as a near tax free haven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Hi,

Google have two software engineer jobs open in Dublin right now,
    not including the software development management roles.

https://www.google.com/about/jobs/search/#!t=jo&jid=3320001&
    https://www.google.com/about/jobs/search/#!t=jo&jid=32152&

Maybe google isn't for you if you can't find those ads !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

just had a look at linkedin there, i couldn't find a single real developer or engineer in Google Dublin. Loads of SRE and clerical staff. crazy. i thought there'd be a few teams at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

I don't know if you're interested (or perhaps you're already aware) but two more software companies who do "real" development are Amazon and Microsoft.

Advertisement