Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Bike Options Advice Needed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Choices, choices, choices..
    Buddy has an F5 and loves it. Ridley looks nice. Never heard of eastway so resale might be harder. Disc brakes on a roadbike?? May be the future, but not mainstream yet or for a while.
    Sorry - not much help really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 835 ✭✭✭countrykid

i bulit up an F5 to sell on here a few months back..

quality frame and on the test ride i was well impressed.

a mate as a ridley excalibur and its as tough as nails too...doubt helium would differ in that department

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

For me I'd go for option two....full carbon with Ultegra group set.

Though I would't buy it off the web. I'd want to "try before I buy".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 313 ✭✭jackstaff

Giant tcr comp 2 is wat I picked and have no complaints.
    Lifetime warranty on the frame and it's cracking looking piece of kit aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I'd go for the F5 too but then again I'm biased as I have one. I also have a Ridley Compact which is aluminium. The F5 is such a nice bike and considerably more comfortable and faster.

The Ridley Helium frame is over 300g heavier than the F5 frame and while it's a lovely looking bike I think the F5 is nicer. The Helium would be a close second. I wouldn't even consider the other three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Don't rule out a LBS, got my Felt F4 spring last year for 1600. Haggle haggle haggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 adam1982

Cheers for all d advice every1 much appreciated. Ended up logged on 2 sum1 else's account so if u receive random thanks was me if wrong account. Still inclined towards d Ridley as just seems great value 4 money and also like it to look at but wud love review off sum1 who owns helium. Disc brake on road bike ya just seems wrong doesn't it. Either way making decision b4 Monday and as it stands I think I'll be able to review Ridley by end of d summer ;-) thanks so far but keep advice coming :-)

Advertisement