Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre - Available or not?

Options
  • 22-01-2014 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just a short bit of background to my query. 

I used the eFibre check on your website the other day and was informed eFibre was available at my address.

I contacted through chat on Saturday morning and the agent confirmed it was available and the pricing options. Great I thought, so I called later that day at approximately 2.30pm to sign up.

The agent on the phone checked the line and said it was all good so I advised I would like to avail of the eFibre unlimited with Talk Anytime package. Agent said it was all sorted and said to call back during the week to arrange for an engineer to call out.

I've just called to arrange the call out and was then told that my address is actually not eligible. I was asked for my efibre account number/order number and advised I was not provided with one at the time of the initial call. 

Now checking the online system states that my address is not yet eligible.

Can I get a concrete answer on whether this is available for my address? I find it pretty amateurish that I've been given conflicting information and was even able to place an order for efibre though it was not available. 

Any help would be appreciated and I'm happy to PM the relevant details.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

Just a short bit of background to my query. 

I used the eFibre check on your website the other day and was informed eFibre was available at my address.

I contacted through chat on Saturday morning and the agent confirmed it was available and the pricing options. Great I thought, so I called later that day at approximately 2.30pm to sign up.

The agent on the phone checked the line and said it was all good so I advised I would like to avail of the eFibre unlimited with Talk Anytime package. Agent said it was all sorted and said to call back during the week to arrange for an engineer to call out.

I've just called to arrange the call out and was then told that my address is actually not eligible. I was asked for my efibre account number/order number and advised I was not provided with one at the time of the initial call. 

Now checking the online system states that my address is not yet eligible.

Can I get a concrete answer on whether this is available for my address? I find it pretty amateurish that I've been given conflicting information and was even able to place an order for efibre though it was not available. 

Any help would be appreciated and I'm happy to PM the relevant details.
    Hi Cherry_Cola

Sorry to hear this, it does sound quite odd. Please PM me your address or landline number and I'll double check this for you.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement