Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lamb hearts

Options
  • 22-01-2014 3:54pm

Hi, could any of you tell me what temp to cook lamb hearts at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I usually fry them for about 15 minutes with wine and then with 180C in the oven for 2-2.5 hours. Wrapped in foil and stuffed. Beautiful. When putting into the oven, I trim them and check that no blood clots inside.

Beautiful. Enjoy

joeguevara wrote: »
    I usually fry them for about 15 minutes with wine and then with 180C in the oven for 2-2.5 hours. Wrapped in foil and stuffed. Beautiful. When putting into the oven, I trim them and check that no blood clots inside.

Beautiful. Enjoy

that sounds fab, thanks for that!!! I dont have any wine, but Ill cook them the way you recommended, they are already stuffed, so should taste nice.

is it better to cook them for a long period? would that make them more tender?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Yes, the heart is a very hard working muscle and needs long slow cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I've only ever had cows heart - would you think the lambs one would be nicer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,443 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Actually If you slice it thin and grill it over very hot coals or a smoking grill pan then that works too

• Advertisement

Well, I cooked it, nice and slow in the oven wrapped in foil, was already stuffed. I was very pleasantly surprised. Really nice, and lots of meat on it. For a euro each, really good value.

id certainly do it again, might try it with wine the next time, as joeguevara suggested.

Advertisement