If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a blu-ray surround system with wireless speakers similar to SONY BDVN590?

Options
  • 22-01-2014 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

I like the look of the SONY BDVN590 you advertise, which gets great reviews at a decent cost. However, I really need to buy a system with wireless rear speakers. Is there a similar model which offers these?

Thanks,

P.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

oceanclub wrote: »
    I like the look of the SONY BDVN590 you advertise, which gets great reviews at a decent cost. However, I really need to buy a system with wireless rear speakers. Is there a similar model which offers these?

Thanks,

P.
    Unfortunately we dont have anything available , especially anything decent, with wireless rears - to be honest at the moment its really impossible to source any 'all in one' package with wireless speakers of any type of quality and we are steering clear of the few available options at the moment for this reason,

Sorry we can't be more helpful - is there no way you can sneak some cables in :)?

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Thanks for the reply - unfortunately nowhere to put the wires and my wife would kill me if I have wires streaming around the place again. :) 

If I was to go the separates route, what do you recommend that has decent wireless speakers?

P.

Thanks for the reply - unfortunately nowhere to put the wires and my wife would kill me if I have wires streaming around the place again. :) 

If I was to go the separates route, what do you recommend that has decent wireless speakers?

P.
    Ocean,

unfortunately you are just going to have to brace yourself for the pain of being killed then - really I can't even offer you any separates which would have the option of decent wireless speakers - have you had a think about a good soundbar instead? The Yamaha YSP series really do give a great surround effect and they are not too expensive ( starting with the excellent YSP1400 at just £339.95 http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/yamaha/ysp1400/yama-ysp1400) or if you did want a wireless option - you can configure the Sonos soundbar to work with Sonos rear speakers ( a tad expensive but excellent quality)
    http://www.richersounds.com/package/speakers/speaker-packages/pah011498

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

John; just thinking outside the box, would you supply anything that could output "Audio over Ethernet" via homeplugs to speakers for oceanclub? Or would this be too expensive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Syco.

The Homeplugs are only capable of carrying data, not audio. You can buy cat5 to audio converters but I wouldn't be convinced that these would work with homeplugs and they won't produce the correct sound even it they would work. The Sony BDVN has speaker connections on the back for the speakers. This would need converted to cat 5/wireles and then sent to a speaker. It's not possible to convert this signal to what would be required at present.

Nice idea though !

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Thanks,

P.
    Unfortunately we dont have anything available , especially anything decent, with wireless rears - to be honest at the moment its really impossible to source any 'all in one' package with wireless speakers of any type of quality and we are steering clear of the few available options at the moment for this reason,

Sorry we can't be more helpful - is there no way you can sneak some cables in :)?

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Thanks for feedback. I notice Richer Sounds on Amazon stock the BDV-N7100W, but unfortunately can't ship from the UK. But I don't see that on your site.  Could that be ordered thru the shop or are they two different businesses?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-BDVN7100W-Blu-ray-Channel-Cinema/dp/B00CE5DC40/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390567048&sr=8-1&keywords=BDV-N7100W

Regards,

P.

Thanks,

P.

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Thanks for feedback. I notice Richer Sounds on Amazon stock the BDV-N7100W, but unfortunately can't ship from the UK. But I don't see that on your site.  Could that be ordered thru the shop or are they two different businesses?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-BDVN7100W-Blu-ray-Channel-Cinema/dp/B00CE5DC40/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390567048&sr=8-1&keywords=BDV-N7100W

Regards,

P.
    Stock is tight on it - but there are a few available - if you want to grab one just drop us a PM or a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact details and we will get delivery arranged for you,

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.