Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hang Glider in Mullingar Today.

Options
  • 22-01-2014 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

I saw a hanglider around the Joe Dolan bridge today, i stopped a while. Pretty cool to see this during my lunch break.

While i was watching them, it occurred to me the area is relatively flat and open.

Now although from when i saw them they were at least 15 minutes up bobbing on thermals, there didnt look to be much of a breeze on the trees at ground level... so how did they launch?!

The area is about 20-30 ft undulating with the bridg being the median point.. hardly jumped off the bridge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭mulbot

he would have came xc(cross country) using thermals,pop from one to the next,take off was prob upwind of mullingar at some mountain

Advertisement